🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The Client only funded portion of the offer
Page options
seyumd
Community Member

The Client only funded portion of the offer

A client sent me an offer according to our pre offer agreement,  but after I accepted the offer I realised only 5$ of the offer is funded.  Asked the client about it and he told me he'll pay me after the completion of the task, but still I haven't received my payment.  How does fixed rate work policy apply in this case? 

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Seyum,

Clients also have the option to set up multiple milestones on a fixed price contract. However, I would recommend only to complete the work for the funds in escrow. Please keep in mind that our fixed price payment protection does not cover promised funds and unfunded milestones. 
Once you've completed your work you will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The amount funded is like 5% of the total agreement,  but the client gave me the whole 33 pages of translation to be completed.  Here it's difficult only to work for the amount in the escrow.  

If a client set up multiple milestones,  does amount in escrow show up milestones portions of the amount funded? Let me make that clear. If the agreement was 100$ ( he sent 100$ offer, but amount in escrow shows 5$) and amount in escrow shows 5$ does that guarantee the client can still pay the remaining 95$ in the next milestone? 

petra_r
Community Member

Seyum D wrote:

The amount funded is like 5% of the total agreement,  but the client gave me the whole 33 pages of translation to be completed.  

Then you do 5% of the translation. Not a word more. Submit for payment and do not lift a finger until the next milestone is funded and active. So if your per word rate is $0.10 and the whole translation is 1000 words, and there are $5 in escrow, you do the first 50 words and that's it.

Seyum D wrote:

Let me make that clear. If the agreement was 100$ ( he sent 100$ offer, but amount in escrow shows 5$) and amount in escrow shows 5$ does that guarantee the client can still pay the remaining 95$ in the next milestone? 

The client *can* pay whatever they like in a future milestone. They can pay $95, or $300 or $12.50  or nothing at all.

If $5 is in escrow, that is what you could dispute if the client refused to pay.

Petra R wrote:

Seyum D wrote:

The amount funded is like 5% of the total agreement,  but the client gave me the whole 33 pages of translation to be completed.  

Then you do 5% of the translation. Not a word more. Submit for payment and do not lift a finger until the next milestone is funded and active. So if your per word rate is $0.10 and the whole translation is 1000 words, and there are $5 in escrow, you do the first 50 words and that's it.

Seyum D wrote:

Let me make that clear. If the agreement was 100$ ( he sent 100$ offer, but amount in escrow shows 5$) and amount in escrow shows 5$ does that guarantee the client can still pay the remaining 95$ in the next milestone? 

The client *can* pay whatever they like in a future milestone. They can pay $95, or $300 or $12.50  or nothing at all.

If $5 is in escrow, that is what you could dispute if the client refused to pay.

In addition to what Petra says: If you send the client more that the 5%, you own part of the translation until the client has paid at least the agreed amount. It can still be a problem to get hold of the missing payment.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members