Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Communication section in My Stats

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 13

This has been discussed before and a few people have brought it up, but I don't know if it was ever sorted out. 

I am still seeing that I haven't responded to 1 invitation, e.g. "You replied to 65 of 66 invitations to apply in the past 90 days".

I always respond to all invitations within 24 hours. I don't understand where this missing application came from.

I remember someone mentioning that there was a bug regarding clients who invite a freelancer and then immediately withdraw their invite; this is not supposed to be counted against us but it explains that 1 application discrepancy. 

@Mods, I'd really appreciate any answers here, thanks!

EDIT: also, this doesn't have anything to do with the section not being updated/refreshed yet. This 1 application problem has been there since I first got My Stats.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 13

I have two like that. The invitations were withdrawn before I had a chance to reply.

The thing that bothers me about this is that apparently your responsiveness level affects your job-success score. I'm wondering how much of an effect this has on the score.

I know when it first happened my job-success score went from 100 to 98. I don't know for sure if this was the reason but it did strike me as a bit of a coincidence. My score dropped as soon as the responsiveness score changed.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 13

I've had six irrelevant and time-wasting invitations in the space of a few hours; and I'd get penalised if I ended up failing to reply to one.

Three of them I gave a lecture to about academic fraud and how they'll end up twisted, sad wrecks if they keep doing it (and I told one that I'd contacted the two contact people listed in the assignment...). The others I just asked why they expect me to write for them, when they can't even read my profile (oh, and one of these specified US/canada only - it gets worse). Clients on this site can seemingly do what the *** they want, but we have to keep on our toes 24/7 to keep on top of this cr8p.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 13

Stephen, stop beating around the bush and tell us what you reallly think. Cat Tongue

5 of 13

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I will reach out to the team and check this for you. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
6 of 13

Thanks Valeria. This morning I got another invite that was withdrawn before I could respond. I really hope you can clear this up for all of us.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 13

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I got a confirmation from the Team that there is a bug that is causing My Stats to show one missed application. It is currently being fixed by our engineers.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
8 of 13

Thanks for the update Valeria. I hope this gets fixed soon because now it shows that I haven't responded to 2 invites (another client withdrew their invite yesterday, before I could respond).

I wouldn't have a problem if I was certain that it's not affecting my stats/JS score.

Community Guru
9 of 13

Hi Valeria,

Now a third person withdrew their invite within an hour. Can we please have some confirmation that the bug doesn't affect our JS score? Or at least an estimated fix time? Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 13

Hi Isabelle Ann,

The bug is still being worked on. However, it will not affect your Job Success score. It may still reflect in your My Stats Communication section until the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS