🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The Failure of Upwork
Page options
parsont
Community Member

The Failure of Upwork

Once again I write here on the request of Upwork and once again  I not believe that it will make any change. I wrote the following e-mail to Upwork Zendesk and they tell me that they could not do anything if it was not enough people who complained. What a company! To be true I do not think its much of a chance by writing here either, you guys have not shown that you have the balls to put demands on Upwork. But ok here we go.  Upwork.png

Look at the last part and try to read and pretend to understand exactly what it says. Ok, it is maybe too hard, so I help you. But first, the hourly rate of 45 USD is something that Upwork has put there. I have never fill in any time rate because I do not work within time rates. And then we go to the rest. It says that I have earned 7000 + USD by doing 36 jobs within 1 hour. That makes the average time per work less than 2 minutes, and it is also a big difference between “my” time rate 45 USD and what you say that I have earned during my 1-hour work, 7000+ USD. Even a nine-year-old the child would understand that there must be several things that are wrong.

How can you believe that Upwork should be seen as a serious player when you not even could present such simple information in the right way?

Also, you give the people that want to hire a freelancer the opportunity to request, “at least 100 hours of work on Upwork”. If I answer on such a request my answer also will say, “This person does not fulfill your request of 100 hours work on Upwork. You do not see the problem? Well using the same logic, you could also have said, “This guy has an average project time less than 2 minutes”. Two totally different answers, but according to Upworks information both are right, while the truth is that both are wrong. Do it again and do it right. /Per  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Zendesk:s answer to this.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

And my answer to that.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

46 REPLIES 46

Once you change the rate on your profile it will automatically update to the new rate for every job application.  

Thanks for your answer and sorry to say that you are wrong. First of all, how could an agency have the right to go in and change my profile?  If so, there must be a big mistake done in the software. Secondly, I have never told any agency about  my   time rate as I never work on time rates. third.  The  45 dollar time rate was placed there , not by me , even before I hade applied for my first work on Upwork.  And I also think you miss the point with  my mail . Upwork totaly   missinform, and do nothing about it. That is the point.

Upwork dont misinform** - People just dont read things properly/fail to understand/forget things.

**(with the eception of my recent dealings with CS Smiley LOL )

Per S wrote:

Thanks for your answer and sorry to say that you are wrong. First of all, how could an agency have the right to go in and change my profile?  If so, there must be a big mistake done in the software. Secondly, I have never told any agency about  my   time rate as I never work on time rates. third.  The  45 dollar time rate was placed there , not by me , even before I hade applied for my first work on Upwork.  And I also think you miss the point with  my mail . Upwork totaly   missinform, and do nothing about it. That is the point.

Per, we will be getting to the bottom of this mystery. One idea: how cheap is the booze in Thailand?

Per S wrote:

Look at your current profile. Count twelve places down in the your job history. 

There is a job included in your history that was billed hourly.The job title starts with "Add specific information in Swedish." It indicates you did one hour of work. The one hour of work that shows on your profile seems to be the source of your original concern.

Please stop telling everyone on this thread they are wrong. 

petra_r
Community Member

Per S wrote:

To be true I do not think its much of a chance by writing here either.

You think correctly.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Per, 

While I'm not aware of any immediate plans to change the way hours worked and total number of jobs is showing on freelancers' profiles, I'd like to reiterate what Vladimir said about sharing your feedback with our Product team. 

"Jobs" and "Total Earned" sections of the profile include all jobs the freelancer completed on the platform, hourly and fixed-price.

"Hours" section includes hours tracked on hourly jobs and doesn't include fixed-price contracts.

This thread has been closed from further replies. A few posts have been edited or removed as they were in violation of the Community Guidelines. I'd like to use this opportunity to remind all the participants of the thread about being mindful of our Guidelines and respectful toward other members of the Community even if their opinions differ.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members