Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Problem with job success rate

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Scott D Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
101 of 107

Muhammad:

I had the same problem too, and when I calll the customer support I get a different answer all the time. Makes me think they DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WORKS.

Here is what I just posted and one awesome customer support person told (the only support person), Kevin.

Hello fellow freelancers.

Did you know that your success rating is affected when client's do not leave your Feedback, and even though you did an awesome job? Yes it's true, and UpWork is not working to fix this.

UpWork stated to me- "We don't condone asking freelancers to talk to their clients regarding feedback.." 

Which is fine, because I don't ask for feedback, however, it SHOULD NOT AFFECT OUR SUCCESS RATING.

Some clients just don't leave feedback, which I totally understand. I don't leave feedback all the time either, but will as least rate them
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:  Do you leave feedback for every you buy or use customer service whether good or bad? I don't.

Submit this to the product team:
If UpWork does not condone this, how come a Freelancer's success score is affected for clients not leaving feedback, even when a project is closed successfully? This is not fair and makes no sense. 

Please help me remove this from the success rating.

Thank you
Highlighted
Louis Joseph Q Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
102 of 107

Hi sir,

I am also very affected with this issue. May I know what to do to help make upwork look into this problem?

Thank you,

Louis

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ken W Member Since: Nov 17, 2017
103 of 107

It is rediculous. I used to be a top rated, 99% percent JS rating.  23+ jobs and 30K+ earned.
With a few small jobs not leaving feedback (although satisfied clients, one of which hired me for 2 jobs and put all feedback in one job and none in the other), my JS has dropped to 79%! I may as well not apply for any jobs, as I now never receive any interviews. Invitations to interview used to be daily, now it is lucky to be fortnightly.

How is this relative to the work I have completed? I have only every recieved one mid-range (3 star feedback after client decided to cancel job completely). This is a HUGE flaw in the system, and is costing both freelancers and upwork! 

It makes it look like I only complete 79% of jobs!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
104 of 107

@Ken W wrote:

1) With a few small jobs not leaving feedback (although satisfied clients, one of which hired me for 2 jobs and put all feedback in one job and none in the other), my JS has dropped to 79%! I

2) I have only every recieved one mid-range (3 star feedback after client decided to cancel job completely). This is a HUGE flaw in the system, and is costing both freelancers and upwork! 

It makes it look like I only complete 79% of jobs!

1) What on earth makes you think the reason for your poor JSS is "a few small jobs not leaving feedback?"

2) You had several jobs where you had "mid range" (4 something) star feedback and there is a bit of a theme going on with clients knocking off points on quality or skills.

Chances are the combination of public and private feedback caused your JSS to be what it is.

Take a look at your "My Stats" page. What does it say for "Clients who would recommend" you? That's essentially your "Private JSS" and ONLY counts actual responses.

Contracts where money was paid but no feedback left don't ding your JSS unless you have a significant percentage of those.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
105 of 107

Yes, I get there are a couple of average reviews, however I have 16 reviews left on my page, giving 74.05 stars out of a possible 80.

That is 92.56% positive feedback. 

I just dont think it is quite fair that my "Job Success Rate" is below 80% when I have completed 100% of jobs, and have 92% positive feedback. Its really impacting finding and getting new work. Would I hire someone with a "Job Success Rate" of less than 80%? No, because it looks like they cant complete a job!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
106 of 107

@Ken W wrote:

I just dont think it is quite fair that my "Job Success Rate" is below 80% when I have completed 100% of jobs, and have 92% positive feedback. Its really impacting finding and getting new work. Would I hire someone with a "Job Success Rate" of less than 80%? No, because it looks like they cant complete a job!

It's not a "Job Completion Score...."

It's "great client experience score."

jss.png

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
107 of 107

perhaps they need to re-word it, as I am not the only one confused/ upset by this. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS