Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rules Set for Indian Verification needs to be revised

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
11 of 26

Hi KR,

I see that you just submitted your ID yesterday and received a reply on your ticket this morning. They will communicate the status of your verification with you via the ticket.

Thank you very much for your patience.

-Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
sachin m Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
12 of 26

Hi Lena, 

Today, I suffered with same problem which Krishnan faced. I submitted Adhar Card which is issued by Goverment of India and its concidered as main ID and address proof, still your team rejected it. Krishan

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 26

Hi Sachin,

Please, refer to the message the team sent you earlier today where they explained why the documents you submitted couldn't be accepted and what needs to be submitted to complete ID verification.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Karthikeyan S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
14 of 26

I request some clarity from upwork as to whether Aadhaar Card is an acceptable form for identity verification. This does not contain signature. Though Pan Card (Tax ID) does bear the signature; but it misses the address. -Karthik

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 26

Hi Karthikeyan,

An ID document you submit for ID verification must include your picture, name, signature and date of birth. The billing statement you submit has to be recent and to include your name and address as well as the name and address of the company that issued the billing statement. If for any reason the documents you submit can't be accepted, the team will let your know

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Neelam N Member Since: Nov 17, 2017
16 of 26

FYI everyone.

Aadhar number is the proof of Identity,

https://uidai.gov.in/images/uidai_om_on_e_aadhaar_validity.pdf

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Gayatri L Member Since: Dec 21, 2017
17 of 26

Hello everyone,

Even I am also facing the same problem here; submitted my passport as well and as said bank statement of 6 months (followed all the instructions mentioned there). Now they have accepted my Id proof (given as passport) but not my bank statement (updated within 6 months)with my same address, name and the last issued date. Don't understand why? 

Best,

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 26

Hi Gayatri,

The billing statement you submit has to be recent and to include your name and address as well as the name and address of the company that issued the billing statement. Our team has already sent a detail explanation about this, if you have further questions post them on your ticket and our team will assist you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Biswaroop M Member Since: Oct 25, 2018
19 of 26

I uploaded my Adhaar card for verification but it was declined.

Could you please look into it?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 26

Hi Biswaroop,

I just checked your account and I can see that our team has reached out to you with detailed instructions about your verification. Please follow the instructions listed on your ticket ending with numbers 317, if you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS