Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The Town Hall on the new connect changes

Highlighted
Community Leader
Marina R Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
1 of 42

I'm listening to the town hall, as I'm guessing a lot of you are. 

The fact that we're not allowed a rebuttal to anything the speaker is saying makes the whole thing completely moot. 

The host responds with "Got it" every time she is done speaking, and she is never challenged on anything she says. He's reading off first level question and no followup questions are asked. 

This is not a town hall. This is just propaganda. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Badr E Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
2 of 42

I guess if they allow freelancers to interact with them, we will have a lot of drama and fights Smiley Very Happy, so it makes sense. They saw the feedback from freelancers in the community, and they know a lot of freelancers are against this. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
3 of 42

Really? They don't trust us to have a civil conversation. We're not children. We should be allowed a rebuttal in a so called Town Hall. 

I've become so invested in this issue, even though charging for connects won't affect me personally. This is just kind of silly now. 

Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
4 of 42

The sound cut out for me, so for all I know they are promising puppies and bunnies to Freelancers who are Top Rated!

Highlighted
Community Leader
5 of 42

Miriam H wrote:

The sound cut out for me, so for all I know they are promising puppies and bunnies to Freelancers who are Top Rated!

They aren't. But that wouldn't be helpful either because those are a huge repsonsibilities lol. 

Cute. But not helpful. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
6 of 42

Marina R wrote:

Miriam H wrote:

They aren't. But that wouldn't be helpful either because those are a huge repsonsibilities lol. 

Cute. But not helpful. Smiley Happy

Hopefully you saw my tongue in cheek Smiley Happy - I am back in the town hall..

Highlighted
Community Leader
7 of 42

Miriam H wrote:

Hopefully you saw my tongue in cheek Smiley Happy - I am back in the town hall..

Oh absolutely. Your comment made me a lot less enraged Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 1, 2018
8 of 42

Just hit refresh.  It's cut out 3 times now.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
9 of 42

Miriam H wrote:

I hope so. Frankly, since I was never sent that mug, I feel I'm owed at least a bunny.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
10 of 42

Marina R, why won't it affect you personally, if I may ask?

Also, why can't I figure out how to quote on this forum? Smiley Tongue

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS