cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Town Hall on the new connect changes

Highlighted
Skyler W Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
31 of 42

I think they handled it well and transparent. I'm actually really supportive of this move.
They answered a lot of questions like if this is a ploy to make money. Which it's not.
I would have gone in the same direction. Be grateful connects aren't $1 dollar still Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Leader
Marina R Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
32 of 42
Skyler S. wrote:

I think they handled it well and transparent. I'm actually really supportive of this move.
They answered a lot of questions like if this is a ploy to make money. Which it's not.
I would have gone in the same direction. Be grateful connects aren't $1 dollar still Smiley Happy

Really? Remember when connects were free, though? They were only a dollar once you went over 60. If you need more than 60, that's the kind of problem they are saying they want to address. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Michael P Member Since: Jun 1, 2015
33 of 42

I was convinced this was a positive step for both clients and contractors. But honestly, I wish the apologists would stop being so confrontational.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 42

Michael P wrote:

I was convinced this was a positive step for both clients and contractors. But honestly, I wish the apologists would stop being so confrontational.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't know what is generally meant by an apologist

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
35 of 42

I bet she got at least one "plz give me job sir" question.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
36 of 42

Jennifer M. wrote:

I bet she got at least one "plz give me job sir" question.

You SWORE you wouldn't tell anybody I asked that.

So embarrassed right now...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
37 of 42

Melanie H wrote:

You SWORE you wouldn't tell anybody I asked that.

So embarrassed right now...

Smiley Very Happy

I wonder if she got our local madman **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
38 of 42

Please god stop calling it a "feature". I know every PR and Marketing book tells you to do this, but it's insulting. Call it a new policy which is true to what this is (while benign in tone) without being cringey. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rocio G Member Since: Apr 2, 2019
39 of 42

Scott B wrote:

Please god stop calling it a "feature". I know every PR and Marketing book tells you to do this, but it's insulting. Call it a new policy which is true to what this is (while benign in tone) without being cringey. 

Well, for them it's a "feature" which means more money in their pockets, even thought that's not what "their intent" was...we'll, at least not publically admiting to it.  :-)

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
40 of 42

Thank you for attending the Town Hall on the upcoming changes to Connects. The Q&A session was hosted by Drew McCrary, who leads Upwork’s Training & Education team and Jessica Tiwari, our VP of Product.

For those of you who were unable to attend, the recording is available here.

We were happy to see such great participation from our community of freelancers and clients. We regret that we weren’t able to address each one of you individually during the hour, but hope we touched on the biggest concerns and questions.

We will, of course, also continue to read your comments here and collect that feedback.

Thanks again!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS