Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Upwork Job Feed

l_travis
Community Leader
Lillian T Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1 of 14

We've heard from successful freelancers on Upwork that they use the Job Feed as a tool to never miss out on engaging with new clients and finding new opportunities. We highly recommend that you save several targeted searches, and that you frequently refresh your feeds to receive of all the latest jobs. Each feed will return up to 50 results per update, so the more often it refreshes, the less likely you are to miss a new job. In most cases, every 30 minutes is the refresh schedule recommended. Check out this video and Hiring Hub article to learn more.

We would love to hear from you about how the Job Feed works for you.

Untitled
fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 14

"We would love to hear from you about how the Job Feed works for you."

It doesn't, because I can't find a way to stop it displaying all the hourly rubbish. Is it possible to restrict the job feed to fixed-price jobs  from clients with verified payment methods only?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
l_travis
Community Leader
3 of 14

Fergus, You can filter for only fixed-pice projects and set the budget to an amount that works for you. You can't filter for verified payment methods, but I can send that feedback to our product team.

Untitled
fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 14

Thanks, Lillian. I've tried doing that but it's still coming up with hourly jobs and low-paid junk. I can add searches to my job feed, and they seem to work fine, but I can't find a way to have it feed only the searches I've defined. Am I being dense? This does happen, quite a lot.

Being able to exclude clients without a verified payment method would be very useful, so thanks for passing it on.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 14

Lillian,

I posted earlier today about the Job feed. I was trying to get past page 1 and I would click the arrow it would take me back to page 1. I clicked Page 2 and got put back on page 1. Maybe if you get it fixed I can tell you about how I like the Job feed, but doesn't do much for me when it is not working.

droleary
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
6 of 14

@Lillian T wrote:

We would love to hear from you about how the Job Feed works for you.

How it works for me is that I have a search for "NOT WordPress", and all it does is fill my feed with WordPress jobs.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 14

re: "How it works for me is that I have a search for "NOT WordPress", and all it does is fill my feed with WordPress jobs"

That's because "NOT" is not an operator that the search engine recognizes.

The correct wording is "Please, Lord, anything but WordPress".

lordrhodos
Patrick R Member Since: Jul 31, 2015
8 of 14

Hi Lillian,

to be honest ... the job feed right now is not useful and needs a lot of improvement.  I can not use it to collect the data / jobs I am looking for, because it always messes things up. For me e.g. the job feed should aggreagate all the separate searches I am including, but it totally ignores the filter criteria. Ask your product team if they can achieve the following:

• search for "TYPO3" show all results with no limitation at all
  • search for "Symfony" OR "skills:(symfony)" and list results for hourly jobs at expert level and fixed price jobs in the range from 2k+ only

I guess this is a big problem for a lot of people.

Best regards

Patrick

l_travis
Community Leader
9 of 14

Patrick, I'll definitely see that the product team get’s all your comments, and feedback. Thanks for sharing. 

Untitled
8fe4dee4
mohamed r Member Since: Aug 18, 2015
10 of 14

I prefer my work is about writting and translaion

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS