🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The Upwork account market is an issue.
Page options
nosvan
Community Member

The Upwork account market is an issue.

Lurking through some comments I read about Upwork accounts changing owners like it's nothing special. So, I did a small google research and man, there is a whole market trading Upwork accounts. The more money, jobs and better (top) rated, the more expensive. Okay, I know asking for verification too often is a pain in the neck, but this issue needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Also, I don't think the new paid connect system is going to help at all. If somebody is determined to purchase or rent an account at those price ranges, some $9 extra is not a paywall whatsoever.

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Jose Daniel M wrote:

Lurking through some comments I read about Upwork accounts changing owners like it's nothing special. So, I did a small google research and man, there is a whole market trading Upwork accounts. The more money, jobs and better (top) rated, the more expensive. Okay, I know asking for verification too often is a pain in the neck, but this issue needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Also, I don't think the new paid connect system is going to help at all. If somebody is determined to purchase or rent an account at those price ranges, some $9 extra is not a paywall whatsoever.

They're definitely aware of the fraud problem, but I imagine it's like playing whack-a-mole.

You might be right about the new paid connects system; supposedly everybody in my category is paying for connects now, but the cheaper (2 connect) projects are getting just as many bids, if not more (though it does seem to be having an impact on the higher priced projects, which is good from where I sit). Some people have even remarked that they'll be bidding more now - not less - because they were buying extra connects for $1 each and now they're only 15 cents. But I think that it's too soon to draw any conclusions.

I think this thread should be merged into the existing thread on the same topic.

I don't think we need multiple threads discussing Upwork account markets.

hoffenberg-irit
Community Member

What I noticed so far it that the bid price is not allways in proportion to the proposal, sometimes the price is 6 connects in a proposal that doesnt worth that much. I was'nt aware that there is a market for upwork accounts, upwork should prohibit that and band accounts that has been sold.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members