🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The algorithm of the job search
Page options
roxana_rp
Community Member

The algorithm of the job search

Hi

I am a freelancer and joined Upwork to find work. I was trying to send a proposal several months but got no response even after I added more contacts. Today I noticed all the jobs I can see belongs a day before and in this way other candidates can see the job and apply faster and get it. How I can get my feet in within this kind of service you provide? Is this kind of joke? Why I can't see the newly posted jobs and why there is nowhere I can chat with real people?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
yitwail
Community Member

Roxana, I just looked at https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/ and saw a job posted 5 minutes ago with fewer than 5 proposals, no joke, so while you're waiting for a human being to reach out to you, you can try a different browser or an incognito window or emptying cache & deleting cookies and refreshing the page. Good luck.

This is so rude, I guess before you try to solve people problems, try to learn how to communicate.

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Roxana,

I saw that you also have a message through our social media platform. I checked your account and can see that you are yet to save a keyword search on your job search page. Here are the steps on saving a keyword search: Find Work page > Click on the magnifying glass > It will go to a new page. On the next page, there's an option to apply filters to the keyword search. Once the filters have been applied, you can save the job search by clicking on the Save search button. After saving, all the keywords related to your saved search keyword/term will auto-populate in real time on your job feed.

~ Riri

Hi
Would you specifically tell me where is "Modifying Glass"?
Thank you

mag glass.jpg

I already used the filtering, but it is not working. My concern is why I can't see the new posts and all the jobs I can see posted a day before.

Hi

Sorry, Riri, I already did it, but it is not working, The new job posting is not showing on my search, no matter what. All the posts I can see belongs to a day before.

I attached the picture of my filters and my feed

My feed

Hi Roxana,

A member of the customer support team will reach out and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks

I still can't see the new posts and all belongs a day before. I tried all advice such as deleted cache, different browser, and so on. Anybody have the same problem or can help?

Hi Roxana,

I checked your ticket and I can see that our team has posted an update with more details about this. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket with number 24924451, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, but the problem hasn't been solved and the support people won't answer. Man Happy

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxana,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
roxana_rp
Community Member

Hi guys

Sorry to bother you again, but please take a look at these two screenshots. 

The link is taken by your support as my job feeds, and the attached file is taken by me mins ago.

On the links, I can see posts for 3mins ago which is perfect. I also see the 32 available contacts and 17 submitted proposal, which are my concerns, because as I know on my page, I have 34 available contacts and 16 submitted proposal minutes ago. I also can see the "Recent Search" on the left side which I don't have it on my shot.

Now I am wondering how can we have two different information on a page at the same time.

You are telling me it is the cache on my browser, but how the cache can submit a proposal for me?

I guess there is something very seriously wrong and I appreciate take a closer look at it and let me know.

Please inform me if you can't solve the problem.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roxana, 

I checked your account and can see that recent jobs are showing on your job feed. I can also see that you are yet to save a search term/keyword on your Find Work page. I would suggest that you search for a keyword, and apply advanced filters so that jobs related to the keyword will auto-populate your job feed real time. 

Please also try clearing your cookies to see if the issue persists. Since you already have an open ticket for this issue, and you have recently posted a reply, I'll ask the team handling your ticket to get back to you to assist you further. I would highly recommend that you continue communicating with the team through the same ticket thread as they are more equipped to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I have same issue and current jobs are  not posted on my job feed page and all showing jobs 5hrs, 7 hrs ago which quite surprising in upwork..

I am discussing this since 3 weeks now and had a call with your support team 6 days ago but after that there is no update on my any of emails and for the last call we discussed ? 

This is the ticket no : #25098321

I had sent several screesnhot and your support team checked and acknowledge that at the same time I am not getting job feeds but my co team member ( who have same skills and category ) receiving all new job postss.

This issue also happening on my other team member profile **Edited for Community Guidelines**

But all are fine with another team member **Edited for Community Guidelines**

========

Though in a same agency we all team members having same skills and category. I HAVE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT TAKEN AT THE SAME TIME FOR BOTH PROFILE.

This is serious issue as I am working since 6-7 years on Upwork and I know how often job posting happen... and its strange now that its not working since 3 weeks now.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Writi,

I`m sorry about the delay and the inconvenience this had caused you. I will escalate your concern to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI Goran,

Thanks for updating but this concern was escalted 3 weeks ago to upwork team.... then we had discussed over phone call 5-6 days ago and after that there is no update as well as issue is still there 

I CANT WORK SINCE 3 WEEKS AND CANT BID ON JOBS COZ IT NOT SHOWING ON MY JOB FEED PAGE.

PLEASE do something as soon as possible.

Thanks

Writi

Hi everybody

The problem solved already. Thank you for support members and all others who cared and responded to my request

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths