Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The algorithm of the job search

roxana_rp
Roxana R Member Since: Mar 15, 2019
1 of 22

Hi

I am a freelancer and joined Upwork to find work. I was trying to send a proposal several months but got no response even after I added more contacts. Today I noticed all the jobs I can see belongs a day before and in this way other candidates can see the job and apply faster and get it. How I can get my feet in within this kind of service you provide? Is this kind of joke? Why I can't see the newly posted jobs and why there is nowhere I can chat with real people?

Thanks

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 22

Roxana, I just looked at https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/ and saw a job posted 5 minutes ago with fewer than 5 proposals, no joke, so while you're waiting for a human being to reach out to you, you can try a different browser or an incognito window or emptying cache & deleting cookies and refreshing the page. Good luck.

3 of 22

This is so rude, I guess before you try to solve people problems, try to learn how to communicate.

nyrrielatienza
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
4 of 22

Hi Roxana,

I saw that you also have a message through our social media platform. I checked your account and can see that you are yet to save a keyword search on your job search page. Here are the steps on saving a keyword search: Find Work page > Click on the magnifying glass > It will go to a new page. On the next page, there's an option to apply filters to the keyword search. Once the filters have been applied, you can save the job search by clicking on the Save search button. After saving, all the keywords related to your saved search keyword/term will auto-populate in real time on your job feed.

~ Riri
roxana_rp
5 of 22
Hi
Would you specifically tell me where is "Modifying Glass"?
Thank you
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 22

mag glass.jpg

roxana_rp
7 of 22

I already used the filtering, but it is not working. My concern is why I can't see the new posts and all the jobs I can see posted a day before.

roxana_rp
8 of 22

Hi

Sorry, Riri, I already did it, but it is not working, The new job posting is not showing on my search, no matter what. All the posts I can see belongs to a day before.

roxana_rp
9 of 22

I attached the picture of my filters and my feed

roxana_rp
10 of 22

My feed

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS