🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The app doesn't track the hours properly
Page options
ambraschilliro
Community Member

The app doesn't track the hours properly

Hello, i have a problem with the time tracker, I started a contract but the work is on an app not on the computer, the time tracker is not tracking properly the timing, my client knows as they can see the real tracking inside the app, as it's a live streaming, i cannot manually add the time but if upwork will ask to my client she can confirm, yesterday it was calculated only 40 minutes while i was working for 1 hour and 10 minutes and today i did 2 hours and half and it calculated only 1 hour and 50 minutes, as you can imagine for me it's a huge problem as you didn't calculate 1 hour of my work, what should i do? The client can confirm the situation.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Ambra Carmen S wrote:

Hello, i have a problem with the time tracker, I started a contract but the work is on an app not on the computer, the time tracker is not tracking properly the timing, my client knows as they can see the real tracking inside the app, as it's a live streaming, i cannot manually add the time but if upwork will ask to my client she can confirm, yesterday it was calculated only 40 minutes while i was working for 1 hour and 10 minutes and today i did 2 hours and half and it calculated only 1 hour and 50 minutes, as you can imagine for me it's a huge problem as you didn't calculate 1 hour of my work, what should i do? The client can confirm the situation.

The app will only track time segments which have keyboard and/or mouse activity. 

You just have to ask your client to allow manual time, and then add the time manually, bearing in mind that you don't get payment protection with manual time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members