🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The audacity of this academic misconduct ...
Page options
n_sappleton
Community Member

The audacity of this academic misconduct job

We all see these from time to time but I'm shocked at the audacity of this one!

**Edited for community guidelines**

5-10 applicants too. I always flag these but still they remain. Sigh.

14 REPLIES 14
hodgesh
Community Member

Ha. That's nothing. A while ago I flagged one that literally said "write my thesis."

The thing is, I doubt that the CS reps recognize what is common phrasing for academic assignments (in the U.S. at least) or the names of common academic tools (like the Canvas web site). So even though some of these students literally copy and paste the text of their assignments, I don't know whether CS can easily identity the job posts as obvious academic fraud.

yitwail
Community Member

If you look at the first attachment, there’s a name and email of a Professor. Maybe someone should blow the whistle and drop the prof a note.

You guys should also check the one job in the client’s recent history. It’s an obvious assignment.

John K wrote:
If you look at the first attachment, there’s a name and email of a Professor. Maybe someone should blow the whistle and drop the prof a note.

You guys should also check the one job in the client’s recent history. It’s an obvious assignment.

I would do it, but the attachment has been removed.

Tiffany S wrote:

John K wrote:

I would do it, but the attachment has been removed.

I still see it, but due date's passed now, so either it was finished on time or it might be academic in a manner of speaking.

John K wrote:

I still see it, but due date's passed now, so either it was finished on time or it might be academic in a manner of speaking.

I actually emailed the institution and reported it a few days ago.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. Our team will review the job post and will take action as per our internal processes. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I flagged one this weekend which is apparently gone.  The student said he had started writing the paper in a "vague" way but lost interest!

They're probably the same students whose parents got them into college in the first place by faking that they play a certain sport.

Maybe... But I suspect many of these students are too lazy to fake play sports.

Maybe we'll start seeing RFPs like, "Please photoshop my face into this picture of the Cambridge rowing team."

Here’s another I keep flagging that keeps reappearing.
Will someone address this @bojan? **edited for Community Guidelines**

Natalie S wrote:
Here’s another I keep flagging that keeps reappearing.
Will someone address this @bojan? https://www.upwork.com/jobs/Thesis-proposal-and-design-help-needed_~013f682d2df7070f1c

Based on the client's job history, that person is not doing any of their own schoolwork.

Job is private now. Cheater is getting smarter Cat Tongue

Hi Natalie,

I've shared this with the team for review and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths