🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
c4840335
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

311 REPLIES 311

Thank you for helping me

38ac813b
Community Member

Hello,
I am having the same that I added my bank account on my personal profile it activated but when I added my company bank account details on my agency profile it’s not approved and showing “The beneficiary name is mismatched”. So can anyone please help me in it ?

Hi Taylor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
elodiebdx
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem and I really don't understand why.

I got this message:

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
I have not changed anything and use the exact same account here on Upwork for over 3 years.

I would appreciate some help with this issue,

Thank you in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elodie,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kavifernando
Community Member

Hi i get the same notification since i tried to withdraw money yesterday. Please help 

Hi Kavindi,

Please allow 72 hours for the review on your new payment method to be completed. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
1f827f55
Community Member

Hello im nilanga bandara

I am new to Upwork.
The name which I used is the same name that i use for my bank account (S M A Nilanga Bandara). When I went to upload the bank details, the bank name does not matches. My profile also has a blue tick near the name showing that I verified my IDs and Visuals as well. I am really worried,It says the name does not matches. then i removed my bank account details and re submited.. then the web sit says waite 3 more days to review.. i'm worried that the same massage pops up again.. could you please look in to this..

thanks..!!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nilanga,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
imachinevfx
Community Member

I have the same notification in my account now. Please help! Thank you.

Hi Sam,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
14624d29
Community Member

I have a problem getting my payment method verified. UpWork says that "Payment method verification in progress. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

My actual name is Liisa Põllumaa, but Upwork won't let me use the letter Õ. I used the adapted last name Pollumaa as my Upwork profile name and also when I added my payment method. But still, there is the same problem. 

What should I do?

Hi Liisa,

Our team will update your payment method as soon as possible and you will be able to withdraw your funds, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sukhi_4424
Community Member

Hi I have the same issue on my Upwork Account. Can anyone please help me here. My paymet is refunded back to my Upwork account and I got an email from Upwork saying that

The reason for returned funds: Invalid beneficiary name.

Can anyone from Upwork support team help me.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deepali,

I’ve escalated your concern to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with it.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f09aaf02
Community Member

Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. I exchanged my bank account for my Paypal card as well but the problem is still there, it is still there, can you help me?

Hi Seif,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
2c4de057
Community Member

Hello,

I also need help with this notification. I added my bank information to my account for first time and I encountered this notification. Could you help me? Thanks.

"Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Hi Ayse,

Please allow 48 hours for the name mismatch on your account to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
bba893a1
Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I used to be able to get paid through direct deposit and now it hasn't been working for a while. Nobody reached out to me to review anything and I can't figure out how to create a support ticket for some reason. The names do have always have matched. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanja,

Your beneficiary name has been approved.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
chuck129
Community Member

Hello.

I have the same problem too. My last name has local letters and upwork don't support them. So, i get "beneficiary mismatch" error.

Can you please help me?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yetkin,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lapteuh
Community Member

Hello, I have the same message about my name mismatch.

I fixed it. But the message didn't go away.

Can you help me? Thank you! 

Best, Artur.

charlesmartinjr
Community Member

Yeah, I just noticed it a couple days ago on my account, too. Never got a notification, and nothing changed on either my bank account, or Upwork. Been using this since 2017. Seems odd, yeah?

Hi Charles,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
techybheam
Community Member

Hello.

I am having the exact same issue even though I used the exact same name. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Onibi,

~Andrea
Upwork

Great! Thank you.

obojovictor
Community Member

Hello, I had this same issue with my bank name and my profile name being different. I interchanged my fist name and last name on my upwork profile.

I have edited and rectified the mistake on my upwork profile, now the bank name and upwork verified name are the same but my payment method is still deactivated with this message

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Please, what should i do in this case?

Hi Victor,

I checked with the team and they have confirmed that they have reached out to you to request additional documents to complete the verification process. Please follow the steps they shared on the email and feel free to reply directly so that they can assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members