🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
nasic
Community Member

Hello! I have removed and added Paypal account again to my Upwork profile in order to withdraw funds. However, my Paypal account name is written in cyrillic and it's approved by the Paypal, so I can't use latin names. At the other side, Upwork does not recognize cyrillic names, so I just can not make account name in Paypal and Upwork equal. What should I do to resolve this issue? Please help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rinat,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same issue. Please help!

Hi Quang,

I checked and it looks like the name mismatch was already resolved. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem. Perhaps the problem is that the name in Upwork is in English, and in Paypal - in Russian. I tried to add my Paypal and see the error "The beneficial name is mismatched"

Hi Alexey,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed. If any further information is needed from you, our team will reach out directly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue. My PayPal name and Upwork name are exactly the same, even they both are in the same case but still, it's giving me a Beneficiary Name Mismatch issue. Please Help. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Yash,

Please allow our team at least 48 hours for your PayPal account to be reviewed. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alisilarbi
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm trying to link my PayPal account to my Upwork account. It's saying that the beneficiary name is mismatched while it's not. I have checked multiple times and i have the same name in both upwork and paypal.

Please help me.

Hi Ali,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello!

My name in Paypal is written in kirylic but Upwork does not allow that, so i get warning that my name is missmatched, can this be solved?

Hi Vadim,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
creative_man365
Community Member

I have linked my Bank Account with Upwork, but the problem is:

I have a joint bank account with my sister and she is the first owner and i am the second owner in the bank account. Hence when linking the bank account in fields where it asked "Name of Bank Account Holder:" I gave my sister's name

Now upwork is showing difference in names in my upwork profile and name on bank account.

I hope there is a way to this

Hi Vedant,

It looks like you were able to add your payment method successfully. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
fl_pol
Community Member

This is what the get paid section of my profile reads. What do I need to do?

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Francis,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
edupluscentre
Community Member

Hello,

Kindly help, the name on my local bank and upwor does not match. This is because I used my nicname to open my email then. What do I do.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I checked and as you already changed your name, the name mismatch was resolved. Please allow 3 days for your payment method to become active. Let us know if you need further help with anything.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
My direct-to-bank payment method has been deactivated since my Upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account -- This is because my name in the Aadhar card is a bit different from bank account.

But I have already edited my details and replaced aadhar details with pan card. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Hi Dhiren,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
muhammad_hilal
Community Member

Used my Brother's Paypal account with his permission as billing method to create agency plus account since upwork was not accepting any of my bank cards/accounts now upwork is not allowing me to login to my account and asking for  verification of my brother's identity. and address me by his name.. kindly help with the situation. 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold
We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you!

this is what it is saying.

If the system was going to create an issue it should have not allowed me to enter anyone else's account in the first place. or given some sort of warning so i would have known it was going to get me in this situation. can someone please help me figure this out please.?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Used my Brother's Paypal account with his permission as billing method to create agency plus account since upwork was not accepting any of my bank cards/accounts now upwork is not allowing me to login to my account and asking for verification of my brother's identity. and address me by his name.. kindly help with the situation. 

We would love to get you up and running again on Upwork. But first, we need you to take a few minutes to verify your identity. Click “Get Started” below to begin or “Learn More” for details. Thank you!

If the system was going to create an issue it should have not allowed me to enter anyone else's account in the first place. or given some sort of warning so i would have known it was going to get me in this situation. can someone please help me figure this out please.?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Muhammad Hilal T wrote:

Used my Brother's Paypal account with his permission as billing method to create agency plus account since upwork was not accepting any of my bank cards/accounts now upwork is not allowing me to login to my account and asking for verification of my brother's identity. and address me by his name.. kindly help with the situation. 

Wait for a moderator to answer you, and stop sending so many messages on the same topic. It can be considered spam.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-or-Payment-Method-Under-Differen...

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
vineethkumarpt
Community Member

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from my paypal account is same. In upwork instead of middile name i used last name, What do I do?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Vineeth,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar

5d2f479b
Community Member

Hi,

I have two problems with my original upwork account (Sergio C. - Computer Vision Engineer creating solutions for businesses - Upwork Freelancer from Barc...). The first one is that I can't reply or create a new topic in the community forum, even I'm supposed to be verified by upwork (I completed a couple of orders).
The second problem is that when I added a get paid bank account, I used my company bank account, that mismatches my name. The help says that I have to show some kind of proof from the bank that I'm the owner of that bank account, but I don't know where to send it.
Thank you.

Hi Sergio,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You should also be able to post in the Community from your original account now. You can find instructions on how to close this account you used to post here.

~Andrea
Upwork
5d2f479b
Community Member

Ok, thank you for your assistance. Now I'm able to post from my original account.

eddieose
Community Member

Hello Community,

Last year, I made an official change to my name under my country's laws and that led to changes in my credentials.

I am trying to change to the new name on Upwork, and I used the edit feature in Profile Settings. It is still under review but now I can't withdraw any funds because my bank name and profile name don't tally.

What can I do if the change is not accepted by Upwork after 48 hours?

Hi Daniel,

No worries! If that happens we'll ask you for more information directly and assist you further with re-activating your payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I have issue with The beneficiary name is mismatched, I'm pretty sure the details in the bank statement and my account is same but why this issue comes up?

thank you

Hi Andhika,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you issued a name change request which is still under review. Please allow up to 48 hours for our team to review your request and notify you about it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Okay I will, one more question: client have sent me the fee but it said pending, so my balance still 0, is this normal? 

by the way this is my first project so I have a lot of things to learn upwork system

Hi Andhika Putra,

I checked your account, and I can see that this is for a Fixed-price contract. The funds are currently pending. When your client releases a milestone payment, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. You can view this by going to Reports> Transaction History. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. For more information, please check out this article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Andrei,

I am getting the same issues. How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Levy

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members