🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
c4840335
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

311 REPLIES 311
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marianne, 

I checked your account, but I'm not seeing this in your account. Do you mind sharing which specific page in your account you're seeing this notification? 

~ Avery
Upwork
c4840335
Community Member

Hi Avery,

It's on my get paid page. Please see attached file.upwork.PNG

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marianne, 

I'll go ahead and look into this and I will come back here once I have more information regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I have a similar message of my name being mismatched yet I have been withdrawing my funds through Mpesa without issues. Can you help?

Hi Imelda, 

I apologize for the inconvenience. I can confirm that the name mismatch has already been cleared. 

Let me know if there's anything else our team can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I have the same notification on my account, till now everything worked well. Please solve it also on my account. Thank you!

Hello, I have the same message of my name being mismatched yet I have been withdrawing my funds through direct to local bank option without issues. Can you help me?

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

I guess you will have to change your name here as mentioned in your bank passbook. 

Hi,

I have placed a request

Hi Senthil Kumar,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I am also facing the same problem here and I am sure that the name on my account matches the name in my bank! that's how I've been withdrawing money from my account to the bank obviously!

Hi Mohamed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I have the same problem of name mismatch. Yet I have been using the same account and Mpesa line for months. Can you help me?

Hi Joyce, 

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I was able to withdraw funds without any problem earlier since my upwork name and the name in my bank account is same. But when I tried to get paid today, I noticed a "Beneficiary name mismatched" message, due to which my payment method was removed from the system. Please assist me with this

Hi Inshira,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. It looks like your name mismatch is now approved. 

Let us know if you need further asssitance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
anbugali
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I have the same problem. I was previously using only one of my names on Upwork and so I have the same warning on "Get Paid" page:

Payment method verification in progress

Please visit our FAQ page for additional information

Can you please provide me assistance on this?

Many thanks!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dagmar, Angela, Ayse Nur, and Aude,

I’ve escalated your concerns to our team and your beneficiary names should be approved now. Let us know if you need any further assitance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
anbugali
Community Member

Thank you so much for your help!
Best,
Ayşe
2456d14e
Community Member

I have the same issue here. please help me too...

Hi Gaurav,

Our team will approve your payment method shortly and you will be able to withdraw your earnings, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you very much sir.

Hello,

I have the same issue too. Can you help me fix this?

Hi Ivhegayle,

I'm happy to let you know that this has been resolved. Please feel free to check by logging in to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Greetings, I am having a similar issue. I am using my PayPal account and both it and my UpWork account have the same name. Please, I would greatly appreciate the support.

Thanks,
Jose

c62002c8
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I'm having a similar problem with the beneficiary name being mismatched and I think I know what the problem is but I have no idea how to solve it. The problem, in my opinion, is that my legal name is "Tomáš" but UpWork only let's me enter "Tomas" and therefore the name of the beneficiary doesn't much my certified UpWork name. Do you think you could help me with that? Thank you very much.

Tomáš Valenta

Hi, I have "ğ" letter in my name which is Tuğba but upwork doesnt accept the letter "ğ" so ı have mismatch issue at get paid process please fix it.

Also, I had get paid before same name/account. This problem has existed second demand.

Thank you for your interest.

Hi Tugba,

Your payment method is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But still it says "you have no active payment methods" and "the beneficiary name is mismatched".

could you check please?

thank you

I still get same warning

Hi Tugba,

I checked and can confirm the name mismatch on your account has been cleared, I'm not able to see this notification on your account on my end. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Tomas,

Your payment method is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue!, I have been transferring my earnings to the same account for 4 Years!, What is wrong guys?

layla007
Community Member

"I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks." - Marianne

Avery, I have the same problem and I have no idea why. I've been using the same bank ever since I started working on oDesk/Upwork. I didn't change anything at all. I can't withdraw funds due to this problem. I need to withdraw my funds asap. Please help.

layla007
Community Member

"I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks." - Marianne

Avery, I have the same problem and I have no idea why. I've been using the same bank ever since I started working on oDesk/Upwork. I didn't change anything at all. I can't withdraw funds due to this problem. I need to withdraw my funds asap. Please help.

layla007_0-1636692025784.png

I'm having the same exact issue. Not sure how to resolve this or if it will resolve on its own.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths