cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best way get paid odesk to Sri Lanka

prince16pream
Active
I would be great to share my experience with payment methods that you can choose to receive money to Srilanka. Method 1: Skrill Charges: odesk charges just a $1 dollar to transfer you earnings to your skrill account Skrill to your hand: You can choose bank transfer to Sri Lanka. All you need is a bank account that has a Swift code and all other relevant details like address and customer support no. but these are optional but it is useful to have it. In this place HNB or Commercial bank would be great, even if you have HSBC account it will be great but to open a HSBC account it is relatively higher than other banks. But for the bank transfer it would be charged a $3.98 and it would take like 2-3 business days, rather skrill card is best just within few hours your payment will be in your hand. You can apply for a Skrill MasterCard which costs like $14 dollar for a year it is only a fee for 12 months. So monthly: $14/12 which is = $ 1.17 so now you can withdraw at any ATM which support MasterCard as I know there are so many banks in Srilanka which let us to use our MasterCard . It costs: $ 2.43 in total = $1.17 + $ 2.43 = $ 3.5 Method 2: Payoneer Charges: odesk charges $2 per Payoneer transfer but it would take 1-2 business days a expedite payment can be made for an additional $2.50. ATM withdrawal: it is $2.15 in Srilanka, for now ATM rate per $1 dollar = Rs.124 Srilankan currency. You should calculate this by multiplying the amount in your Payoneer account but multiply by reducing a $2.5 like amount which is for the withdrawal fee. Don't try to withdraw than the amount you calculated by multiplying the Rs.124 by available balance after reducing the withdrawal fee. Because you card will be charged an additional fee for declined withdrawal. There is a monthly fee associated with Payoneer if you maintain a balance funds in your account. So my advice is withdraw all money at once and if there are some small funds in your accounts use that for pay at any shopping stores where a card is accepted. So you want be charged any additional fees. Conclusion: Both are good but Skrill is best. Notes: Don't delay to verify your account because you will receive your card when you send your scanned colored image of your NIC/ Passport and /or Bill of your proof to them. As soon you submit them you will receive your card soon. But you can send your funds to your account from odesk to your accounts; it is your risk without considering which method is feasible to you.
23 REPLIES 23

thanx for that! I'll study that! 🙂 

madampe
Active

I added my HNB card as direct transfers to local bank. Could I withdraw money from my account? what is the minum amount and charges?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nilu,

In case you set up a proper bank account and added correct bank information, you will be able to use it and withdraw your earnings. There's no minimum limit but the amount should be greater than the $0.99 Upwork withdrawal fee and the possible incoming fees your bank charges, which you can check with them directly.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS