cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best way get paid odesk to Sri Lanka

prince16pream
Alosious P Member Since: Feb 15, 2012
1 of 24
I would be great to share my experience with payment methods that you can choose to receive money to Srilanka. Method 1: Skrill Charges: odesk charges just a $1 dollar to transfer you earnings to your skrill account Skrill to your hand: You can choose bank transfer to Sri Lanka. All you need is a bank account that has a Swift code and all other relevant details like address and customer support no. but these are optional but it is useful to have it. In this place HNB or Commercial bank would be great, even if you have HSBC account it will be great but to open a HSBC account it is relatively higher than other banks. But for the bank transfer it would be charged a $3.98 and it would take like 2-3 business days, rather skrill card is best just within few hours your payment will be in your hand. You can apply for a Skrill MasterCard which costs like $14 dollar for a year it is only a fee for 12 months. So monthly: $14/12 which is = $ 1.17 so now you can withdraw at any ATM which support MasterCard as I know there are so many banks in Srilanka which let us to use our MasterCard . It costs: $ 2.43 in total = $1.17 + $ 2.43 = $ 3.5 Method 2: Payoneer Charges: odesk charges $2 per Payoneer transfer but it would take 1-2 business days a expedite payment can be made for an additional $2.50. ATM withdrawal: it is $2.15 in Srilanka, for now ATM rate per $1 dollar = Rs.124 Srilankan currency. You should calculate this by multiplying the amount in your Payoneer account but multiply by reducing a $2.5 like amount which is for the withdrawal fee. Don't try to withdraw than the amount you calculated by multiplying the Rs.124 by available balance after reducing the withdrawal fee. Because you card will be charged an additional fee for declined withdrawal. There is a monthly fee associated with Payoneer if you maintain a balance funds in your account. So my advice is withdraw all money at once and if there are some small funds in your accounts use that for pay at any shopping stores where a card is accepted. So you want be charged any additional fees. Conclusion: Both are good but Skrill is best. Notes: Don't delay to verify your account because you will receive your card when you send your scanned colored image of your NIC/ Passport and /or Bill of your proof to them. As soon you submit them you will receive your card soon. But you can send your funds to your account from odesk to your accounts; it is your risk without considering which method is feasible to you.
isuru1988
Isuru V Member Since: Dec 10, 2013
2 of 24
I am having a standard savings account(operated in LKR) with commercial bank PLC.( Not a RFC account). can I use that account to withdraw odesk earnings. As far as I know CCEYLKLXXXX is the swift code for commercial bank. Is it common for all commercial bank branches or does it depend on the branch. I would be glad if anyone can suggest me an good alternative in case I cant use my existing account. Please reply.
jaanakapradeep
Ace Contributor
Jaanaka P Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 24

Isuru, how much you're paying fee for the transaction.

kavindu62
Kavindu L Member Since: Dec 8, 2014
4 of 24

Hello

I have Payoner Master Card & I did my 1 st money withdraw (23$)  4 days before But still

my Payoneer Account  say my Balance is 0$  😞      So what should I Do Please Help Me.......

Thank you

kandytech
Ace Contributor
Chamira A Member Since: Apr 4, 2012
5 of 24

Did you get an email from Payoneer that money had been received?

If so, then you need to click in  a link in that email, which wil take you to teh Payoneer site and you need select a loading method - standard or immediate.

Be careful on these pages because it is worded and encouraged for you to select the immediate load during your current process and also for future loads!

It is annoying but that's how it is.

malind19
Malin D Member Since: Nov 1, 2015
6 of 24

So are you saying Skrill is better than Payoneer? I am stucked in between without a decision. Please help.

zanjeewa
Sanjeewa P Member Since: Nov 18, 2015
7 of 24

hello can you help me on upwork?

jaanakapradeep
Ace Contributor
Jaanaka P Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
8 of 24

Yes Sanjeewa how can I help you.

mali2015
Hemali K Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
9 of 24

I have a commercial bank account with a debit card. How could Iink my account?  And how much do I have to pay when withdrawing?  I have my pioneer card which I used to Fiverr.  Does that help me to get paid?  Pls help me.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 24

Hi Hemali,

I see on your Get Paid page that you have already added your Payoneer card as a payment method. As instructed in the notification on the same page, in order to withdraw your funds from Upwork you will need to fill the W-8BEN form, which is located in Settings > Tax Information. 

You can find more information about it here and note that debit cards can't be used as a payment method on Upwork.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS