🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client didn't pay for the work "fixed-pri...
Page options
moomen20
Community Member

The client didn't pay for the work "fixed-price contract"

The client didn't pay for the work "fixed-price contract" and also didn't activate the contract, but he contact me and we started the work and when I finished he didn't open the contract, what should I do in this case, Please help me.

Check the attached files.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Moomen A wrote:

The client didn't pay for the work "fixed-price contract" and also didn't activate the contract, but he contact me and we started the work and when I finished he didn't open the contract, what should I do in this case,

Nothing. Learn not to work without a contrat in future. Without a contract the client could not pay you even if they wanted to. You have to have a contract in place before you start to work, not afterwards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Moomen A wrote:

The client didn't pay for the work "fixed-price contract" and also didn't activate the contract, but he contact me and we started the work and when I finished he didn't open the contract, what should I do in this case,

Nothing. Learn not to work without a contrat in future. Without a contract the client could not pay you even if they wanted to. You have to have a contract in place before you start to work, not afterwards,

moomen20
Community Member

Thank you

prestonhunter
Community Member

Moomen, this is your mistake, not the client's.

This is GOOD NEWS.

Because it means YOU have the power to change things next time.

Ok, thank you

It was your mistake to work without Upwork confirming you had a contract in place 

It was the client's lie and fraud to take your work without paying you.

To be a successful freelancer on Upwork, you must learn how Upwork works. No one here should ever work for free.

Good luck with your future projects!

Thank you, I learned from my mistake

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members