🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The client didn't pay
Page options
sofia_rovediello
Community Member

The client didn't pay

Hi!

Started a job with a contract and deliver it on the day in a timely manner.

I did more than agreed (on my own) and still did not ask for anything in return.

The delivery of the work was more than two days ago but the client never answered again, although I tried to communicate several times and didn't pay.

How I should proceed?

I hope someone can help me, thank you very much.

Bye!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sofia R wrote:
The delivery of the work was more than two days ago but the client never answered again, although I tried to communicate several times and didn't pay.

Do you have a contract? If you do, and have worked that contract correctly, you'll get paid automatically. There is no need to send "several" messages to the client in 2 days. That's bordering on harassment.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Stop communicating with the client. Stop sending messages.

As freelancers, we get paid AUTOMATICALLY when the client does nothing.

Are you not already certain that you will be paid automatically? If not, then ask questions so that we can help you understand better.

Was this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

Dear Preston,

Actually I'm new in UpWork and I didn't know we get paid automatically.

I have submited the work and request the payment already.

The fixed price waas $20, its not much but in my country it is.

What should I do? Sorry for my ignorance.

Sofia R wrote:

If you correctly submitted the work through the "Submit for payment" function on your My Jobs page, you get paid whatever was funded 14 days later if the client never reacts.

Sofia R wrote:

Try reading some tutorials and guides for new users.

petra_r
Community Member

Sofia R wrote:

Do you have a contract? If you do, and have worked that contract correctly, you'll get paid automatically. There is no need to send "several" messages to the client in 2 days. That's bordering on harassment.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths