🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The client does not answer, what to do in...
Page options
katyzazy
Community Member

The client does not answer, what to do in order not to harm yourself?

Good day to all.
I have a question that I cannot solve on my own. Advise me on a solution?
I have an open hourly contract with the customer, we actively communicated while I was doing work. When the work was completed and I sent the files, the customer disappeared. More than a month has passed since then, but the customer does not answer me, I wrote to him several times with an interval.
Bottom line: I have a frozen contract. I am afraid that sooner or later this will affect the assessment of the success of my work. I also heard that if I close the contract myself, it will also affect my profile.

Thank.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ekaterina P wrote:

I have an open hourly contract with the customer, we actively communicated while I was doing work. When the work was completed and I sent the files, the customer disappeared.

Thank.

So you were paid?

Ekaterina P wrote:

. I am afraid that sooner or later this will affect the assessment of the success of my work.

Just close it and be done with it.

Ekaterina P wrote:

I also heard that if I close the contract myself, it will also affect my profile.

You have heard wrong. Close the contract or leave it open. As long as there was payment, there is no problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ekaterina P wrote:

I have an open hourly contract with the customer, we actively communicated while I was doing work. When the work was completed and I sent the files, the customer disappeared.

Thank.

So you were paid?

Ekaterina P wrote:

. I am afraid that sooner or later this will affect the assessment of the success of my work.

Just close it and be done with it.

Ekaterina P wrote:

I also heard that if I close the contract myself, it will also affect my profile.

You have heard wrong. Close the contract or leave it open. As long as there was payment, there is no problem.

katyzazy
Community Member

The contract is hourly, so I received the payment.

Ekaterina P wrote:

The client doesn't HAVE to respond to you.  Since you received payment, you're good.  If you close the job and client provides feedback (stars alone or stars + written feedback), then you'll know if the job was performed to the client's satisfaction.  If you receive no feedback, no worries.  You've been paid for your services.  

petra_r
Community Member

Ekaterina P wrote:

Then there is no problem.

Close the contract or leave it open.

Neither makes a difference.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members