🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client does not want to pay the full mile...
Page options
302bf1d5
Community Member

The client does not want to pay the full milestone

I did not receive responses from the client for two days and the final work was sent, he tells me that I do not approve the work and that he will only pay me a part of the milestone, I clarify that the contract is only for a milestone. received sketches and a digital finished work, and does not want to pay the full milestone
3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Karina,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had. I would recommend to communicate directly with your client regarding your milestone and I hope that you will reach a positive outcome for both parties. 

When you're working on fixed price contracts, you will need to submit your work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

And what if the client ends the contract after he submits the job through the milestone?
Can the customer modify the payment amount after submitting the job?
I sent the final work on the milestone requesting payment, the contract was made with only one milestone.

Hi Karina,

When you submit your request for payment clients will have 14 days to review your work and either approve it or request for changes. 
Clients also have the option to edit the amount they will release from Escrow to you. However, you also have an option to open a dispute or if you receive an escrow refund to reject it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members