Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The client doesn't accept the work and doesn't explain the reason

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
Olga K Member Since: Oct 14, 2017
11 of 37
by the way, maybe he doesn’t want to pay, because yesterday he gave a hint that his client said that I wasn’t suitable for this job. interesting, right? when I ask specific questions, I get only one answer - we need something similar, as in the attached links. and that's all he can say ..
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
12 of 37

Olga:

I can't tell you what to do.

But don't forget to consider the value of your time.

Sometimes it is better to cut your losses rather than spend a lot of time with somebody who is just going to waste your time.

If you have done what you agreed to do, then you DO have the option of submitting your work, to trigger payment... And if the client requests changes, you can file a dispute.

Or you can tell the client that the two of you will need to reach an agreement, because if you can't reach an agreement - a compromise, then you will need to file a dispute, which could end up with the client receiving zero money back.

"Jeremy:

I'm sorry if this didn't work out the way you planned. I am willing to agree to receiving only 50% of the money in escrow, and release the other half back to immediately. And I will let you keep all of the work I did. If you can't agree to that, I'll need to file a dispute in order to collect the full amount."

View solution in original post

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
13 of 37
May be you are right. I think I'll wait what he will answer me, if it will be again something like before, probably your advice is the right way for this situation.
Thanks everyone!
sergio-soria
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
14 of 37

In my opinion that client is trying to get the job done for free. In the case they do want to pay a meeting with all 3 parts would be the best solution because it looks as if this client doesn't know how to explain what he wants, and that is actually essential from the get-go. Or maybe his client is the one who doesn't know how to explain...

You have done many revisions already and they get you in a neverending circle, but you have to be paid, at least half of the agreed amount. In this forum an analogy has been mentioned several times: when you go to a restaurant and have a meal you must pay even if you don't like the meal you ordered. If you don't know how to explain to the waiter what you want to eat, if you just say "bring me food, something similar to what appears in that photo" it's not the cook's fault if you don't like it, and even if you don't eat it you still need to pay.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
15 of 37

You know, I also had such an idea that he either wants to get a job for free or at a very low price, he even initially tried to drop the price, but I didn't agree, because cost and so not high.
And about the comparison with the restaurant you wrote very nicely) Sometimes I say like this: for example, I like the green color, but another person don’t like. But this doesn't mean that the green color is bad, right? Just to someone who does not like it, need to decide on a different color)

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
16 of 37

Hi Preston! Thank you for the advice, we agreed for a half of amount of the contract. 

May be you know, client's feedback is hiden for me untill I don't give my feedback due 14 days, and there is my question - his feedback is hiden only for me or for another clients too? Somebody knows?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 37

Hi Olga, 

Upwork feedback system is double-blind which means that feedback doesn't show publicly until both parties provide feedback or 14 days after the contract was closed, whichever comes first. Neither you nor others will be able to see it on your profile until then.

~ Valeria
Upwork
olga_krav
Ace Contributor
18 of 37

Ok, thank you)

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
19 of 37

Hi Valeria K! I decided to leave my feedback to this client. May be u know, how to choose the right reason for ending of the contract - ''Job completed succesfully'' or ''Another reason" ?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 37

Hi Olga,

I would suggest choosing the option that you think its the best fit for closing your contract, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS