Olga K Member Since: Oct 14, 2017
21 of 37

Ok thanks!

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
22 of 37

Olga K wrote:
by the way, maybe he doesn’t want to pay, because yesterday he gave a hint that his client said that I wasn’t suitable for this job. interesting, right? when I ask specific questions, I get only one answer - we need something similar, as in the attached links. and that's all he can say ..

I think it's very possible that your client has no idea what his client wants and is groping around in the dark providing you with bad/incomplete information because he doesn't understand his client's project well enough to convey it to you.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
23 of 37

May be, I also thought about this or as Sergio S wrote, he want not to pay and get the work for free or for low price. I think these are two possible options. I wrote him a long message asking me to clarify all the necessary details, etc. Let's see what he will answer. As I wrote, he rarely responds, so for now I’m waiting and I hope that everything will be resolved.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
24 of 37

re: "he rarely responds, so for now I’m waiting and I hope that everything will be resolved."

That could be a good thing.

If it was me, I would definitely use the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

And then not send him ANYTHING. Don't remind him of the project. Hope that he is completely non-responsive, and then you get paid automatically.

But this only works if he never clicks the button to "request revisions."

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
25 of 37

Yes, I've already submited the work when I made the 2nd design. It will be great if I get the paymant automatically, and by the way he didn't use the button "request revisions".

And what will happen if he uses this button? Will a new countdown of two weeks start from the moment I make a change? (for the umpteenth time alreadySmiley Frustrated)

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
26 of 37

Olga K wrote:

Yes, I've already submited the work when I made the 2nd design. It will be great if I get the paymant automatically, and by the way he didn't use the button "request revisions".

And what will happen if he uses this button? Will a new countdown of two weeks start from the moment I make a change? (for the umpteenth time alreadySmiley Frustrated)

Yes, the countdown starts over if he hits "request revision." You're stuck with a farmer who can't manage projects well or doesn't understand the client's requests. I've been here before too, so at some point' if this idiot doesn't get his act together, he won't want to pay you because likely his client doesn't want to pay him. You can let him know that your contract is with him, not the client so he needs to pay you. Go into mediation and pay the arbitration fee and he'll likely back down.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
27 of 37

Yes, if the situation repeats, I will have to do it. You do not know if I open a dispute, he will still be able to leave me a review? It will be very sad if he suddenly wants to spoil my statistics ..

lysis10
Community Guru
28 of 37

Olga K wrote:

Yes, if the situation repeats, I will have to do it. You do not know if I open a dispute, he will still be able to leave me a review? It will be very sad if he suddenly wants to spoil my statistics ..

Yeah, he will but you're top rated so you can just use the perk.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
29 of 37

I hope that doesn't happen..

lysis10
Community Guru
30 of 37

Olga K wrote:

I hope that doesn't happen..

It's really not a big deal, but it is an annoyance. Arbitration sucks hardcore, but the whole mediation process is not that bad when you know how it works. I think everyone should experience it once and after you realize how things work you can run circles around these clients who think they can just get a refund because they're a farmer and their client didn't pay them. 

You can legit walk into mediation and just say "I want x or arbitration. That's it." And then the mediator goes back to the client, lets them know, and comes back to you for the arbitration fee. Then you just wait it out, get your money back, and get your money too.

I had to do a phone call once. I've never heard of them doing this, so I assume it was some kind of trial thing they're doing or maybe they only do it for certain jobs. Phone calls are fun. lol 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS