Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The client doesn't accept the work and doesn't explain the reason

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
Olga K Member Since: Oct 14, 2017
31 of 37

Well, I want to see what he will answer my last message and whether he will answer at all))

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
32 of 37

It's kinda weird to me but I've had so many issues with escrow. Some I've dealt with without a dispute, but ugh the endless revisions and internally asking yourself if you'll  do just one last one to just get it over with and take the money instead of fighting over it. I tell people 1 but that doesn't stop them from asking for more.

Have had 0 issues with hourly projects though, but then again endless revisions are never an issue.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
33 of 37

I usually did 1, maximum 2 design options and everything was ok. Of course, it happens that the client asks to make changes to the work, or wants to remove or add something, but my previous clients always clearly said what they want.

But working for this project I ask questions, but I can't get clear answers and because of this such a problem.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
34 of 37

Olga K wrote:

I usually did 1, maximum 2 design options and everything was ok. Of course, it happens that the client asks to make changes to the work, or wants to remove or add something, but my previous clients always clearly said what they want.

But working for this project I ask questions, but I can't get clear answers and because of this such a problem.

It's because he's a farmer and from what you are saying, I'm guessing he hasn't told the client he's outsourcing or he could just put the two of you in a room and let you chat to clear things up.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
35 of 37

Yes, I want to ask him about it when he gets in touch

sergio-soria
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
36 of 37

No-ones likes a dispute, and I am not sure but I believe a dispute must be paid as well by both parts, to Upwork, so it also represents a monetary cost. Smiley Sad

You're right about the colors but remember that in graphic design it's not about what colors we like but instead what we communicate with colors. I don't like coffee at all but if I have to make an ad for a coffee brand I must make it look delicious, inviting, etc.

If I were you I would have declined the offer the moment he tried to talk me into lower the price. That's just disrepectful and a red flag in my book.

olga_krav
Ace Contributor
37 of 37

yes, you're right. About the colors it's just an example, I mean that one person like a design, and at the same time, another person may not like this design, and this is normal. Perhaps this is a lesson to me for the future, if the client wants to get the work cheaper, it’s probably best not to work with him. Of course, not everyone is like that, but still..

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS