🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client doesn't reply
Page options
bestcoverdesigns
Community Member

The client doesn't reply

Hello,

I was hired 12 days ago for an easy Photoshop job. Fixed-price project.
I sent him the work/design for an hour. I made it with the green Submit button 12 days ago.
The client doesn't approve milestone and DOESN'T reply. He is online every day. 
I'm 100% sure that he is satisfied with the product. It was easy and simple job. I'm thinking that he's busy and he don't want to waste his time with feedbacks and he don't open my messages.

What should I do?  
What about JSS?
I don't want to lose my 100% JSS in this way.

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandar, 

I want to confirm that you if you submit the work output through the contract page, and by clicking the "Request payment" button, the client has 14-days to review the work you have submitted. If the client doesn't come back to you to request for changes within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. 

You may read up on this help article for more information on how you can get paid for fixed-price contracts. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Now, the money are transferred to my account. Upwork approved the milestone after 14 days.
But the contract is open yet. What's next?

prestonhunter
Community Member

Do nothing.

The money will be released to you in two days.

petra_r
Community Member

Aleksandar J wrote:

1. What should I do?  
2. What about JSS?
3. I don't want to lose my 100% JSS in this way.

1. Nothing

2. What about it? As long as you get paid (automatically or if the client releases, it has no effect.)

3. Why would you?

skitbd
Community Member

If you have submitted milestone for the work, you will be get paid by 14 days automatically. Nothing to worry about this. I have got payment this way a few times. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Aleksandar J wrote:

Hello,

I was hired 12 days ago for an easy Photoshop job. Fixed-price project.
I sent him the work/design for an hour. I made it with the green Submit button 12 days ago.
The client doesn't approve milestone and DOESN'T reply. He is online every day. 
I'm 100% sure that he is satisfied with the product. It was easy and simple job. I'm thinking that he's busy and he don't want to waste his time with feedbacks and he don't open my messages.

What should I do?  
What about JSS?
I don't want to lose my 100% JSS in this way.

The only way to get bad feedback now is if you annoy your client by constantly messaging him. Yes he might be online, maybe he has other open jobs? 

re: "Now, the money are transferred to my account. Upwork approved the milestone after 14 days.
But the contract is open yet. What's next?"

You can just wait.

Here is what I do:

The client isn't in contact with me. But I have the money. So that is the important thing.

I don't do anything, but wait.

When the client contacts me, I'll ask him to go ahead and close the contract if he doesn't have anything else that needs to be done.

Or (even better), if he asks ANY kind of question, or requests ANY kind of little task, an additional change or something, then I use that as an opportunity to ask him to close the contract.

"Frank,

Yes, I can send an additional copy of the file with a red border instead of blue. That sounds like it would be interesting to compare. If you will go ahead and close the contract now, I'll send that file to you immediately, at no extra cost."

My JSS dropped to 93% because of the unclosed contact. After that, I closed the contact.
I have new problem now.
I have 2 projects in progress. One of them is a book cover design. The cover was created in a few days, 3 months ago. The client had problems with the formatting and the number of pages. It's necessary for the dimensions of the book's spine. She said that she'll finish the formatting in the next 3-4 weeks.
3 months later, the client's formatting is not done yet, so my JSS dropped to 88%. I lost my Top Rated badge for NOTHING. I told her that I'll resize the spine(3-5 minutes job) even if the contract is closed, but she didn't want to close it. 
The second project in progress is with 3 milestones. First 2 are done and paid, and the third is not active. The author's book 3 isn't finished yet and it could be done for 1-2 years.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths