🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The client is not closing the contract
Page options
a_milicinska
Community Member

The client is not closing the contract

Hello!

I have a client who is not responding to my messages regarding closing the contract. I understand that I should be the one closing it, but I'm worried that I won't have any review left. Our work and communication were great, so I'm certain that the review would be nice. I had many situations where everything was great, but due to the unresponsiveness of the client, I didn't get any review. So my question is, is there any other way of approaching this kind of situations? Is Upwork able to do something about this kind of situations? 

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I send one message to my clients saying thank you and asking if they could please take a moment to close the project and provide feedback. If they don't respond, then I leave it at that.

I understand that you feel you've worked hard and deserve the feedback - and that the very nature of Upwork keeps everyone on edge about their JSS scores - but unfortunately there's nothing that you can do about it, and under no circumstances should you badger your client nor try to involve Upwork. If you got paid and the client was satisifed, that's what really matters. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
s_zecchini
Community Member

You can't force someone to do it.
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I send one message to my clients saying thank you and asking if they could please take a moment to close the project and provide feedback. If they don't respond, then I leave it at that.

I understand that you feel you've worked hard and deserve the feedback - and that the very nature of Upwork keeps everyone on edge about their JSS scores - but unfortunately there's nothing that you can do about it, and under no circumstances should you badger your client nor try to involve Upwork. If you got paid and the client was satisifed, that's what really matters. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths