🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The client is not responding
Page options
digwin
Community Member

The client is not responding

I was hired by a client on an hourly base.  After completion of the first week, he went offline and still not responding. So what I should do ?. Is the cancellation harmful to my profile?. Or I should wait?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The client is not responding"
Clients are not obligated to respond.

re: "After completion of the first week, he went offline and still not responding."

Clients are not obligated to be online.

re: "So what I should do?"

If you have completed the work that you were asked to do, then you don't need to do anything else.

If you haven't finished the work you were asked to do, then keep working on it until you are done.

re: "Is the cancellation harmful to my profile?"

This is an hourly contract.

You have already earned money.

If you close the contract yourself, it won't hurt you.

You simply might miss out on receiving feedback.

re: "Or I should wait?"
It has only been a week.

If it was me... I would NOT send messages to the client. I would just wait. I would probably wait for three or four weeks and then close the contract myself.

kinector
Community Member

Like Preston said, nothing to worry about.

There could be a million reasons for the client being offline.

If you were discussing more work that you should do, and that chunk of work is pending on the client to specify, then wait and send a polite reminder. I usually wait for 10-14 days.

If you were not expected to do more work, send a gentle request to close the project with thanks.

Eventually, you can close the project yourself and mark it "completed successfully" from your side. It won't hurt you, you just won't see any review in your profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths