cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The client "" is fraud. Made me build an app, congratulated me, then won't respond.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

Kenneth S wrote:

.I've worked at some of the world's biggest organizations and know how the hiring process works.

And yet, here you are...

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 14

Kenneth S wrote:

Miss Jennifer. You are welcome to take down this post.

No matter how many other freelancers you invite to take down your post, none of us will have that authority or ability.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 14

Hi Kenneth,

I checked and weren't able to locate the conversation with the client that you are referring to on Upwork. I assume all of the discussion happened outside of Upwork, on Skype. If you have screenshots of the client's messages asking you to complete work, feel free to send them to me via a private message (click on my name here and you'll see the button.)

I'd also recommend communicating with the client directly to clarify if there is any misunderstanding. As others pointed out on this thread, the interview process and hiring can sometimes take longer for clients with larger teams. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kenneth S Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
14 of 14

Miss Valerie,

Thank you for your kind and professional response. I will ping you the screenshot in the private chat. I was able to contact the client today, turns out he congratulated me too soon, and tried to avoid the siutation. They themselves got ditched by whoever they were working with.

Kenneth

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS