🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client's rating
Page options
d3c5df76
Community Member

The client's rating

Hi,

I know clients have 14 days to write a review. Is this 14-day period counted from the day the contract ended or my submission day? (BTW, although I submitted my work on time, I sent it in the regular chat, not the contract page. After the revisions, I submitted it from the contact page. I don't know if that affects this period or not.)

Thank you in advance for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
virtualbrix
Community Member

The client has 14 days after the contract has closed.

Thank you so much for your response & help!

tlsanders
Community Member

This is a side note to whar you're asking, but there is no reason to send the work to the client and wait for revisions to submit. When you submit, the client has 14 days to review the work and ask you for revisions. If they choose to, they can formally request revisions, which stops the clock and requires you to resubmit after revisions (but many clients don't bother with this and just message you the notes). 

Submitting the work when you share it with the client is for your protection, and there is no downside. 

Great Advice

Thank you so much for your response & help!

Good to know! Yes, all makes sense. I didn't know what the right order was, I'm still learning.

I have a follow-up question.

If I submit the work directly from the contract page, are clients supposed to make the payment immediately? Even before any revisions are asked/done?

BTW, my work was a fixed price. I haven't done any hourly work here.

When you submit the work the 14 day countdown starts--if the client does nothing at all, the payment will auto-approve in 14 days (and then it will take 5 more days to pay out to you)

If the client clicks "approve," then the five-day period starts right away and you get paid after five days. 

If the client wants revisions, they will usually wait until the revisions are complete to approve. This is the correct process, though some clients willl go ahead and approve, especially if the revisions are small. 

If they use the formal "request revisions" process, you will have to submit the work again after you make the revisions. Then, the 14 day period will start over, but the client can manually approve at any time.

If you are working hourly, there is no "submit" process and you can share drafts through messaging. But, read up on hourly contracts before you take one on--there are some technicalities you need to know about to protect your payment.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

It is very clear now. I'll pay attention to all the details you mentioned.

Thank you for your time as well!

Have a great day/night!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members