🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client said I did a job well done, but di...
Page options
8ed492d2
Community Member

The client said I did a job well done, but didn't pay!

Help please! I am new to Upwork. I scored 2 projects. I did them well. One of them I just completed a week ago, has yet to pay me. He even commended that my work was impressive. But he took my work, and RAN AWAY with it - I didn't get paid for it. I texted him 5 times across 7 days here on Upwork, but he never responded. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have no idea what else to do. His payment is verified. I'm not under the Hourly Protection scheme. I wrote into Upwork, but they've yet to respond to my email. I don't have any of his contact details. He might even be using his real name. Please, does anyone know what I can do to get paid rightly for the work I did?

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pearlyn,

I checked and it looks like the contract you're referring to is Hourly. Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to manually verify the work you completed, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

~Andrea
Upwork
8ed492d2
Community Member

Thank you Andrea for replying.

I have proceeded to download the desktop app, and I'll log my hours in. If I get you correctly, are you saying that all I need to do is to long in my hours via the App and Work Diary manually. And the following week, my client will review, and I'll get paid the week after. Even if he reviews and doesn't click anything to approve or verify, I'll still be paid for it? And the only way I won't be paid is if he files a dispute.

Is that right? 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's right, Pearlyn!

~Andrea
Upwork
sofia2008
Community Member

Hi,

Was it a fixed price contract or bonus payment?

If it was a fixed price contract:

Did you submit the work by clicking the Request Milestone Approval button?

8ed492d2
Community Member

Thank you for replying Sophie, it was an hourly paid job that myself and the client agreed on. We even agreed on keeping it to 6 hours, which I did.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

You need to stop now and read everything about how the platform works. That way you will be better equipped in dealing with these questions, but more importantly, you will not drive your client crazy with your incessant messaging, thereby risking bad feedback. 

To illustrate: you go out to eat at a restaurant. The waiter brings you the food. Afterwards he comes by every few minutes asking: Will you pay? Will you pay? Please pay me!

Would you enjoy your eating experience?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members