🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The client sent me their email before mak...
Page options
mahmoudkhaledd
Community Member

The client sent me their email before making the contract.

Hey there!
I'm fairly new to the platform. I got interviewed by a client for a fixed job. She sent me her email in the interview before making the contract. And asked me to send her an email so she'd send me some documents containing the job description. And said if I understood everything and was able to do the job, then she'd make the contract. Is this safe? Can I get banned for emailing her before the contract? Thank you!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahmoud,

Taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. In a case like this, you can let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahmoud,

Taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. In a case like this, you can let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can I send my email address after the contract? Also, can the communication be done outside of upwork thoughtout the job after the contract? Thank you!

Mahmoud K wrote:
Can I send my email address after the contract? 

Yes.

Mahmoud K wrote:
 Also, can the communication be done outside of upwork thoughtout the job after the contract?

Yes.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members