🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The client vanished during the project
Page options
n_slaveva
Community Member

The client vanished during the project

During the collaboration the client turned unresponsive. But I still have work for the project. How could I get in touch with the client, to let me know if we will proceed with the project?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Natalija S wrote:

During the collaboration the client turned unresponsive. But I still have work for the project. How could I get in touch with the client, to let me know if we will proceed with the project?

Were you hired?

Payment.jpg

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Natalija,

I close a contract myself after at least a month of no communication from the client and a couple of messages from me asking whether the client wants to continue on the project, I note in my feedback on the project that I would gladly work for the client again and answer the various rating items honestly. If I'd be willing to re-start the project at the client's request, I say that in my public feedback. If it's not true, I don't say it.

In your closing of the project you can note on the Upwork system that the reason for closing was that the client was non-responsive.

Then give this client and this project no more thought until you hear from the client, which in my experience will likely be never. It's just how certain types of clients treat their freelancers. 

Good luck! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members