🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The company have invoice that they sent the m...
Page options
usamahamed
Community Member

The company have invoice that they sent the money and i still didn't receive it ?

i was working in fixed contract with company called roomle. They pay to me 3K $ in sep 12 and i attached  the invioce . in my account in profile page, in money earning $3k+ but nothing in my balance so what is the problrm ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usama,

I checked this for you and the funds you're referring to are Available under the Agency part of your account. Please switch to your Agency part of the account and use the Get paid button to withdraw the available balance. 

Additionally, please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings > Tax Information, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

Usama:

I looked carefully at your screenshots.

I don't blame you for being confused. I'm confused, too.

I can see Upwork screenshots showing that 3K payment... But where is the money in your Upwork balance?

Were you working on this project as a member of an agency? If you were, then the payment would have gone to the agency. And the agency would have paid you money directly.

i am not sure of that. but the company send me a propasal to project and i accept the offer, as the regular process, so how can i solve this  problem? 

Usama: There is no button you can click that will solve this problem.

If you were working on behalf of an agency, then the agency needs to pay you your money.

If you were NOT working for an agency, and if your Upwork/reports screenshot was indeed taken after you received the 3K payment (September 14)... and your Get Paid screenshot was indeed taken after that (the datetime stamp on the file is October 2nd)... which shows that you have NOT made any withdrawals yet... Then that doesn't make sense to me. You would need customer support.

What is odd is that you express uncertainty about whether or not you are part of an agency. Typically every freelancer would know that. And freelancers are able to see within their user interface whether each job they are working on is one they are working on directly as in independent freelancer, or a job they are working on as part of an agency contract.

Usama H wrote:

i am not sure of that. but the company send me a propasal to project and i accept the offer, as the regular process, so how can i solve this  problem? 

According to your profile, it appears that "roomie" is the agency you work under. They are who you need to communicate with to get paid, not Upwork.

i already contact them and they sent me the invoice i attached in screenshot, that proved they paid the money 

re: "i already contact them and they sent me the invoice i attached in screenshot, that proved they paid the money"

Usama:

You are confusing the "agency" with the "client."

The invoice you attached to your original post DOES INDEED SHOW that the client paid the $3k.

The client paid that money to the agency.

That DOES NOT MEAN that the agency paid you that money.

You have not shown us anything indicating that the agency paid the money to you.

The agency may pay that money to you in any way that they want to: check, cash, PayPal, etc.

Virginia is quite right. You need to talk to the agency, not to Upwork. An important principle in play here is this: "Payments from agencies to agency members are not protected or facilitated by Upwork."

Read this:

Agency Finances

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 1.03.27 PM.png

The agency appears to have one freelancer and business manager working for them... which is you Usama.

The agency appears to have made 3k from. I've not dealt with agencies much, but maybe you have to pay yourself from your agency? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usama,

I checked this for you and the funds you're referring to are Available under the Agency part of your account. Please switch to your Agency part of the account and use the Get paid button to withdraw the available balance. 

Additionally, please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings > Tax Information, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer. You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths