🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The contract cancelled by client and upwork.
Page options
tbksandeep
Community Member

The contract cancelled by client and upwork.

Hi, everyone. Hope you are doing well.
I need your advice regarding this issue.

I was able to get hired on 2 jobs last 7 days but I faced frustrating issues doing these jobs.

The first contract name was "Angular / Firestore, PWA."
The client wanted me to work on Stripe payment integration and chat by webrtc. He limited working hours to 10h/week. I have asked him if I should all of these work in 10 hours and he has said that "just start work and do as much as you can".
The clear requirement regarding Stripe payment was only to change User Interface for Stripe form. For other parts, he just mentioned: "do stripe payment integration" without details.
So I did change the Stripe payment form style and had to discuss other requirements for 1 day. After 1 day, we made sure everything for Stripe payment integration and he asked me what I had done for 1 day.
I said to him I had changed the UI of Stripe form and discussed other requirements since the requirements were not clear.
He also asked me if I could finish Stripe in 10 hours contract. I answered "No" politely because his requirements were so big.
He said, "The integration videos for Stripe make it appear super fast". How can the complex integration for the real project be same with simple checkout from a tutorial video?
And he cancelled the contract. Is this fair and professional? And more importantly, my job success score will be lowed down because of this.
I can't afford to lose my job success score because of this unprofessional client. What can I do this to resolve this issue?

Second contract name was "Create a development environment for Team"(fixed price).
The contract started 3 days ago and the client seems to be very busy.
He did not login for 3 days and did not respond to me and I got a notification that contract has ended today.
At the first time, I thought that the client had cancelled contract so I gave feedback to him. But I noticed that the contract closed by upwork, not the client.
Is there anyone who knows this reason?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kalyan Sandeep,

One of our agents will update your ticket to provide more information regarding your account. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Kalyan Sandeep,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team requested you previously to complete the identity verification process, but it seems like you missed completing this step. One of our agents will update the ticket you have submitted to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Yes, I got my identity verificaiton request from upwork and I have finished it. But this time they want to do the video verfication which I have accepted immediately and concluded that process too. But as a note I have done it before that contract ended.

Please verify from your side again. I am confident that the contract ended later. 

Regards,

Kalyan Sandeep Tirumala

Hi Kalyan Sandeep,

One of our agents will update your ticket to provide more information regarding your account. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members