🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The contract suspended
Page options
el_kedmiri-hamza
Community Member

The contract suspended

One client sent a hourly based offer.

While discussing the requirement, he asked one thing.

He said he would send a bonus like upfront, and instead asked to send money via payoneer or paypal.

After that, he said he would send detailed description about the project.

For example, if he send $1400 via upwork then he want $900 via payoneer. His payment method was verified, and I agreed with him.

He sent me the payment as a bonus through the upwork, and I sent him money via payoneer. I uploaded the screenshot in the messaging room. And then I asked him to send detailed description about the project. But after a while the contract suspended and message room closed. 

1. What's going on with this client?

2. Is there no issue received payment as bonus(because the contract was suspended)?

Regards,

Hamza

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Hamza,

Please note that sending or receiving payments outside of Upwork if the client and freelancer met on Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Please see this help article for more information.

Additionally, one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket with more information and assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola.

Thank you for your message.

The client sent me an offer and payment via upwork as a bonus. He said this is like a upfront.

Instead, he asked me to pay via payoneer. He said he need it urgently. After that he said we could continue to work.

At that time, I didn't notice any thing. So I agreed.

But now I think he is trying to scamming freelancers.

Regards,

Hamza

Hello. Hope you are doing well.

Financial transactions for **Edited for Community Guidelines** have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

But I didn't get an email related with this.
I have a suspended contract. Is it related with this?

Regards,
Hamza

Hi Hamza,

I can see you were able to reply to your support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hamza E wrote:

Hi Nikola.

Thank you for your message.

The client sent me an offer and payment via upwork as a bonus. He said this is like a upfront.

Instead, he asked me to pay via payoneer. He said he need it urgently. After that he said we could continue to work.

At that time, I didn't notice any thing. So I agreed.

But now I think he is trying to scamming freelancers.

Regards,

Hamza

If you agreed to this, then you also violated Uwork's Terms of Service. 

The moderator has sent  you a polite warning message and links to Upwork's Terms of Service. Your contract has been suspended because the client has violated Upwork's Terms of Service (ToS) and you have too. 

If Upwork does not suspend your account, then you had better spend a lot of time reading about the site and understanding it before applying for, or accepting jobs from clients who have no intention of conforming to Upwork's terms of service. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members