🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The contract was not issued
Page options
konstant_99
Community Member

The contract was not issued

Good day! I have a problem. With one of the clients I agreed to translate his site. He had to get me a contract, but he didn’t. I even managed to send him part of the work done, but I did not receive payment for this. He doesn’t get in touch right now. Please help me. Can you contact him?

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

Konstant T wrote:

Good day! I have a problem. With one of the clients I agreed to translate his site. He had to get me a contract, but he didn’t. I even managed to send him part of the work done, but I did not receive payment for this. He doesn’t get in touch right now. Please help me. Can you contact him?

Sounds like you worked for fREEEEEEEE.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Konstant:

It is permissible for you to continue to communicate with the client and ask him to officially hire you and then pay you.

If he is a dishonest person, though, then he probably never intended to pay you. So if you have already sent him a message or two, then you should let it go.

re: "He had to get me a contract, but he didn’t."

Then you should not have done the work.

I hope you learn a lesson from this experience and don't make the same mistake again.

re: "Can you contact him?"

No. I'm sorry. That is not how this works.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Konstant, 

I'm sorry to learn that a contract was not set up for this project. Unfortunately, since there was no contract in place, this does not fall in the minimum requirements to be protected under Upwork Payment Protection. In the future, please make sure that a contract is in place, the contract is active, and the client's payment method is verified before you start working on any project. 

I highly recommend that you read up the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Konstant T wrote:

When was that? Some people use the weekend to take time off from work.

The good news is that you own the translation and can only use it if you give him permission.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths