🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The customer does not close the search for th...
Page options
7b7eb537
Community Member

The customer does not close the search for the contractor for 12 hours or more

Tell me this is normal? The queue is 50+ and it seems that you are just waiting for something incomprehensible. I don't understand how you can think so long? In my life as a freelancer, I quickly resolved issues with the customer, on the network it all takes so long, it’s not usual. What do you think about it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michelle-schombu
Community Member

Hi Dimitriy! Are you asking why clients do this sometimes? There could be lots of different reasons, but here are some possibilities... 
(1) Not all proposals they receive are high quality. In fact, many aren't. They may be keeping the job open in the hopes of receiving more variety of high-quality offers.
(2) Many clients are not able or interested in spending time watching their Upwork proposals come in. They might post the job and then leave the platform for a few hours, a day, or longer while doing their other work, and then return later to review the submitted proposals.
(3) Not every client is familiar with gig economy culture. They're used to publishing a job post online and then going through a weeks-long or even months-long process of vetting digital applications.
(4) Sometimes a client is not 100% sure about what they're looking for or whether they really want to invest fully in the project. They might publish the job post and then hesitate before taking the next step of committing to a freelancer.
(5) The client may not see a right-fit proposal in their submissions pile and decide not to move forward at this time.

Everybody works according to their own process. Some people want to move quickly; others move more strategically and thoughtfully. That's the magic of a globally-scaled platform -- you'll find a huge diversity of styles 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michelle-schombu
Community Member

Hi Dimitriy! Are you asking why clients do this sometimes? There could be lots of different reasons, but here are some possibilities... 
(1) Not all proposals they receive are high quality. In fact, many aren't. They may be keeping the job open in the hopes of receiving more variety of high-quality offers.
(2) Many clients are not able or interested in spending time watching their Upwork proposals come in. They might post the job and then leave the platform for a few hours, a day, or longer while doing their other work, and then return later to review the submitted proposals.
(3) Not every client is familiar with gig economy culture. They're used to publishing a job post online and then going through a weeks-long or even months-long process of vetting digital applications.
(4) Sometimes a client is not 100% sure about what they're looking for or whether they really want to invest fully in the project. They might publish the job post and then hesitate before taking the next step of committing to a freelancer.
(5) The client may not see a right-fit proposal in their submissions pile and decide not to move forward at this time.

Everybody works according to their own process. Some people want to move quickly; others move more strategically and thoughtfully. That's the magic of a globally-scaled platform -- you'll find a huge diversity of styles 🙂

7b7eb537
Community Member

I'll take a screenshot for myself, thanks. Good luck in your work and in life, Michelle🤝

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members