cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The default payment currency is USD, right?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
21 of 23

Hi Aurora,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you and thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 

I would like to confirm that everything on our platform is in US dollars. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Leni V Member Since: Aug 26, 2020
22 of 23

If they can put a man on the moon, I'm sure UpWork can add the words "USD" any where in the platform to let us know the currency we're paying. I just got stung by the lack of clarity that it was in USD - also an Australian, I thought it was in AUD and got a massive shock but I've already agreed with the designer so have to honour the agreed price even though this amount was not my intention. It doesn't say anywhere on the platform that your amount is in USD. I'm annoyed that years after recieving all these comments, why hasn't this been fixed? I don't understand why this hasn't been addressed as in 2020 it's still a problem that's distressing buyers, and there's such a simple solution! 

Highlighted
Michael K Member Since: Oct 12, 2017
23 of 23

We are another Australian business who just got burnt on currency misunderstanding - thinking we were providing a budget in AUD but actually were doing it in USD.  Please fix this asap!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS