🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The freelancer name is not saved.
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

The freelancer name is not saved.

A question.
Why is it that when I save a freelancer's profile in Chrome with "add bookmark", the freelancer's name doesn't appear when it did before?

Now only the text "Freelancer profile" appears.

profile.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Maria,

Could you please let me know if you have gotten this error in the last few days?

Both issues discussed on this thread should now be fixed.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
m_terrazas
Community Member

Hi mods, anyone out there who can answer me?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Maria,

I'm not aware of any changes that would affect how browser bookmarks would save. I don't have any details to share yet but we're checking with our product team to see if there are any known issues or changes. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Thanks Valeria.

I really don't know if it's just happening to me. See if I can find out if it is happening to someone else.

Maria, you are not the only one this happened to me as well when I saved a few profile last week. 

Ashraf K wrote:

Maria, you are not the only one this happened to me as well when I saved a few profile last week. 

Well, it's not just me anymore 🙂
On the other Upwork pages, does it save the page for you with "name"?

It saves the page with the title of the page, if you check the title of the page it is "Freelancer Profile" on profile pages. 

Ashraf K wrote:

It saves the page with the title of the page, if you check the title of the page it is "Freelancer Profile" on profile pages. 

You are right!
Well, the point is that I would like it to continue to save the name of the freelancer, as before ☹️

m_terrazas
Community Member

Another question.
Today looking at my feed I have found this notice three times:

aviso1.png

If the client is suspended, why is the job still showing up?
In addition, clicking on "Submit a Proposal" actually allows you to submit a proposal, at least fill in the data. I do not know if it can be sent because, as you understand, I have not tried 🙂

ETA - By the way, it is not MY client. It's just a job advertisement that I opened.

Maria,

Do you still get this pop up for those jobs? I checked the job posting you flagged and I cannot replicate this issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

No, now I don't see him at that job. If it reappears in somewhere else, I'll let you know.

By the way, do you know anything more about the previous question? The same thing keeps appearing to me. Where before it saved the name of the freelancer by default, now I have to write it myself.
What I don't know is if it is due to Upwork or the browser.

profile1.png

I don't have more information about that issue yet, Maria. But as soon as I get an update from our engineers I'll be sure to post here. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria.
On the other hand, it just happened to me again:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I did a browser cleanup, in case it could influence, but ...

Valeria K wrote:

I don't have more information about that issue yet, Maria. But as soon as I get an update from our engineers I'll be sure to post here. 

Oops, I marked the answer as a solution when I wanted to answer you, but it is not fixed. So if you can remove the "solution that would be fine 😬

What I wanted to tell you is that, for more information, the problem that the freelancer's name isn't been saved only occurs in that case.
It saves me with "name" answers from the forum and work announcements, in addition to other pages that I visit.
So it's not the browser's problem.

Hi Valeria, the warning has appeared again twice 😞

m_terrazas_0-1642363208322.png

If I refresh the page, it disappears.

Hi Maria,

Could you please let me know if you have gotten this error in the last few days?

Both issues discussed on this thread should now be fixed.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

Thank you!

Hi Valeria,
Sorry, I couldn't reply earlier.
I just tried and it works as before!
Thank you.

Hi Maria,

I'd like to share an update I've just received from the team. The issue that was causing the pop up appear for you over the Submit Proposal page has been fixed now. Please, let us know if you still see it on some jobs. 
Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

I'd like to share an update I've just received from the team. The issue that was causing the pop up appear for you over the Submit Proposal page has been fixed now. Please, let us know if you still see it on some jobs. 
Thanks!

Thanks Valeria.

dsmgdesign
Community Member

Hey, Maria, 

Where does this show? I'm curious if it happens for me as well. 

David S M wrote:

Hey, Maria, 

Where does this show? I'm curious if it happens for me as well. 

Hi David,
I open a job (in a new window) and the notice is there. No idea what is happening 🤔

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members