🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The milestone was released but the client...
Page options
philomenaaah
Community Member

The milestone was released but the client didn't approved the amount requested

Hi everyone,

I'm working with a client by milestones. Since the number of words per article can change regarding the subject and the client give me all the freedom to manage that, he usually fund a standart amount at the milestone and once I submit the articles with my report asking the total amount, he approves and I receive the funded milestone + the rest of the amount that is missing.

However, this time the milestone was automatically approved and he didn't approved the rest. I've sent a message but I'm not getting any answer and I'm getting worried.

If the client doesn't answer, is there any possibility to recover the amount that is missing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

About upwork not doing anything, you can contact to see if they can help. But from my experience additional payments for fixed priced jobs are upto the client to decide.

For the future, you can talk with the client to switch from fixed to hourly. That may solve the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mensahkontoh
Community Member

The amount the client has set for the milestone and put into escrow is what will be paid to you afther the approval (manual or automatic). The additional amount you set is up to to the client to decide whether to pay or not. 

To be on the safer side, always negotiate after completion of the job for the client to update the milestone to reflect what you have done. 

Thank you so much for your feedback @Mensah. I see. Well, I've been working with this client for a few months and the client asked me to accept these conditions (the update after submiting the job done), because the client work like that with several freelancers.

So, basically, if the client doesn't want to pay me the rest, there is nothing I can do... and Upwork cannot help me with this as well, right?

And if the client answer and pay, how to manage the situation in a way that I can ask the client to update the milestone before I deliver the work and not loose the cliente. Since she told me it's the way they work with several freelancers I felt some pressure to accept it...

Hi,

About upwork not doing anything, you can contact to see if they can help. But from my experience additional payments for fixed priced jobs are upto the client to decide.

For the future, you can talk with the client to switch from fixed to hourly. That may solve the issue.

Thank you so much for your help. This specific client doesn't want to make an hourly contract. He wants to set a price per word/article. Well, I hope everything turn out good and that he pays me what he owes me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members