🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The money I have earned and the money tha...
Page options
9998267b
Community Member

The money I have earned and the money that will be paid to me are not compatible!!

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to upwork and doing a job for the first time. But I have a serious problem. I have been working for about a month. But the money I have earned and the money that will be paid to me are not compatible. In fact, much less than it should be. So if this isn't a bug then I'll think Upwork is a thief. I also cannot contact Upwork directly. All buttons on the site work, but only one Contact us button does not work. Has anyone had a similar problem with this? If you can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards,

Beyza Kacar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Your contract is hourly. So it takes some time for the payments to move through the different stages of the weekly billing cycle.

Go to your Reports  Overview

There you see the money earned this week under "Work in Progress" (without the Service fee deducted), the money you earned last week is under "In Review" ( without the Service fee deducted), the money from the week before is under Pending, there the fees have already been deducted.

The Upwork Service fee is 20% on the first $ 500 with any one client, and VAT on the Service fee is deducted if applicable.

When you say "But there is a big difference between the VAT I see in the system and the payment I will receive" what do you specifically mean? What do mean by VAT? 

Maybe if you could tell us what you are talking about, we could explain it to you better.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Beyza, 

I checked your account and would like to confirm that everything is working as designed. Please keep in mind that on your earnings your Freelancer Service Fee is deducted along with VAT.

Regarding VAT, Upwork charges the country-specific Value Added Tax (VAT) to freelancers and agencies in the European Union (EU), unless you provide a valid VAT number. VAT will be assessed on services provided by us, not on services you provide your clients. To learn more about VAT check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I know how much I have to pay for the service fee. But there is a big difference between the VAT I see in the system and the payment I will receive. If you can explain what this difference is caused by, I would love it.

Kind Regards,

Beyza Kacar

petra_r
Community Member

Your contract is hourly. So it takes some time for the payments to move through the different stages of the weekly billing cycle.

Go to your Reports  Overview

There you see the money earned this week under "Work in Progress" (without the Service fee deducted), the money you earned last week is under "In Review" ( without the Service fee deducted), the money from the week before is under Pending, there the fees have already been deducted.

The Upwork Service fee is 20% on the first $ 500 with any one client, and VAT on the Service fee is deducted if applicable.

When you say "But there is a big difference between the VAT I see in the system and the payment I will receive" what do you specifically mean? What do mean by VAT? 

Maybe if you could tell us what you are talking about, we could explain it to you better.

9998267b
Community Member

Hello Petra,
Really thank you so much. Unfortunately, I could not find and see this page, so everything seems very incomprehensible on other pages. Thanks for explaining that way. Now I saw that it was exactly as I calculated. Thank you again, your answer was very helpful.

Sincerely,

Beyza Kacar

petra_r
Community Member

Beyza K wrote:

Hello Petra,
 Thanks for explaining that way. Now I saw that it was exactly as I calculated.

Glad you could figure it out! The Reports Overview Page is what I use 99% of the time

9998267b
Community Member

Hi Victor,

My goal was not to blame someone, but to ask the people here with a little humor. Besides, of course I knew the money I was going to pay for Upwork before I started and I started by accepting this. So it is interesting that you have so much knowledge about what I know and don't know. There is no explanation for me that everything works on the site and a single contact button does not work. If you are doing an active business, the people working with you should be able to reach you what they need. So please don't defend Upwork to me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths