🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The payment haven't been transferred to m...
Page options
meliagea
Community Member

The payment haven't been transferred to my account.

Hi Upwork Team,

I have a delayed transfer to my account as usually it only take a day to proceess my payment transfer from Upwork account to local bank account. But it's already 2 days and the money is not yet transferred. I understand it takes up to 4 business days for normal duration if previously there's not problem occure to receive the money in a day, why all of sudden it happened no?

I do not get it. As freelancer or worker, this is really bad for our cashflow. I have tried to contact my Bank provider and they said, there's no pending transfer or there's no any transfer has been released to my account the past 2 days. Kindly need your kind assistance on this matter.

Thank you,

Melia Gea

57 REPLIES 57
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Melia,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know here, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

It's been 4 working business days and nothing happened. I'll have to wait another 4 working days for you to trace the transaction, it's hilarious. Couple months ago have no issues but all of sudden something goes wrong.

I have same problem with Melia, and we actually came from same country and city.

For the previous years, payments have been smooth. It only took around 2 hours since i did the local bank transfer withdrawal, but since around 2 months ago the payment process started to become longer week by week.

It started to be longer from 2 hours to 5 hours, then 8 hours, a day, 2 days and now it's been 3 days since my last withdrawal without any trace of my payment.

I've checked the bank, and no problem from their side and i believe them coz i worked in that bank for years before and i know well the prochedure and department in charge for it.

This problem started when the payment start to change to ewallet. I've checked that since the problem started, upwork paid me using dokupay - ewallet, not a direct local bank transfer anymore.

If upwork changed the payment partner for my country, i believe that you'll need to check coz they are not as reliable as previous one, and their performance is worsen every week.

Thx

Hi Marveen,

Than you. Yes, I have contacted my Bank as well and have no problem. This is sucks as we are rely our life with the money we made from Upwork but unfortunately they take it for granted. It's been total 6 days after my withdrawal and nothing happened.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marveen, and Melia, 

Marveen, could you please confirm if you are referring to the transaction with Reference ID 279953354 so that I can look into this for you? 

Melia, i'll check into your withdrawal from last week, and I'll come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Yes ref ID 279953354

While i've received email that the transaction has been processed since 18th.

---------------
We have processed your payment request submitted on 18-Jan-2020.

Usually the money already in my bank account in less than 20 mins after i received this kind of confirmation email. But since 2 months ago, not anymore. It'll need around 5-8 hours the fastest time till the money credited to my account. This time late for more than 2 days and still counting, previous one late around 36 hours.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marveen, 

Thanks for confirming this. I can confirm that the transaction is successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your confirmation. I've got confirmation by sms few moment ago feom my bank that the fund was credited into my account already.

Just fyi, that in previous years i never have any problem regarding work or week days with direct local transfers. Even on weekend (i did withdrawal on weekend for many times already), the fund will be there in few hours except for Xmas, New year and Lunar new year. But oh well, i think i'll need to adjust my schedule for withdrawal to follow latest timeline, and will see more about how much time it'll needed next. If it's a consistent more than 48 hours all the time, i think i'll back to my old paypal withdrawal method.

Thank you for your respond and cooperation. Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Marveen Hendrawan
meliagea
Community Member

Today is the 5th working days. No progress.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melia, 

I have followed up on your ticket with the team. Once they have more information about your concern, they will reach out to you through the same ticket thread to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sophiegai
Community Member

Hey, I initiated an Mpesa transfer and it's been more than 24 hours but I haven't received it.
Please assist.

Hi Sophie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem here. I initiated the transfer on January 7, 2020 and it has not credited to my bank account until now. I've checked with my bank thrice since last until earlier today and they said there's nothing pending on their end. The worst part is Upwork Support is not cooperative nd hasnt responded to me anymore since last week! I dont know what to do anymore. I badly need the funds.

Hello! It;s been two weeks, but I haven't received my payment yet. My clients has already paid weeks ago. What about this?

Hi Dania Vanessa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to initiate a trace for the transaction in question.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Liberty,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

I checked your ticket and I can see that our team has already initiated a trace on your transaction. I`ve also escalated your ticket to our team that is handling your case. One of our team members will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Highly disappointed. We are using the platform to earn money but end up get frustrated without receiving the fund.

Until now, no one has taken cared of my ticket yet. I'm so worried and pissed at the same time. I made that withdrawal for a reason and Upwork just messed it all up! No one has responded to all of my emails to Upwork Support anymore. I don't know what to do anymore. I need that money for my daughter.

Why is it that no one is giving me any updates at all? It's been more than 2 weeks now. Are you forfeiting my hard earned money now? What's going on???

Hi Liberty, 

I apologize for the delay. I have followed up with the team handling your case so that they can get back to you and assist you further with your account concern. As a gentle reminder, please refrain from filing new tickets for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. Feel free to follow up on Ticket #27542230 if you have more information or need further assistance. 

~ Avery
Upwork
meliagea
Community Member

It's been the 6th working days. No update until now. I have escalated this issue to my employer as well. Let see.
I dont understand what happened while we know that the money is not yet transferred from your end. Because if it did, the amount which being transferred will show how much money in IDR I received. Till today, it is not yet reflected.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melia, 

I have followed up with the team so that they can get back to you with an update about your transaction. 

~ Avery
Upwork
meliagea
Community Member

Tomorrow would be the 8th working day and till now, I haven't got any positive news nor any update from your end.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Melia.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Expect for the worst because mine still has not been credited since I initiated the deposit on January 7th!
kraud
Community Member

Hello, the same problem, only my payment is not transferred already from December 29! Tech support first responded now just ignores my messages.

Well, I guess that's what they do best - ignoring. Out of the many emails that I sent to them, they rarely respond and when they do, it's not even helpful at all!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel and Liberty,

Our apologies for the delayed responses, we have escalated your issues to our team. They will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I doubt. That "as soon as possible" is very unreliable.

I have withdrawn another money for 20usd just for a test and till now it's not yet credited to my account. I have a hunch There's something behind this.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melia, 

I'll make sure to check the withdrawal you made yesterday.

In the meantime, I'll follow up on your ticket so that the team can continue updating you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

That's what I thought so. If it's true, Upwork must have announced it same way they announce their system maintenance our outages from time to time, so not to leave us guessing and connecting the dots!

Perhaps if they want, they can earn interest from the money already. It's not small amount, around 2k usd. If they've processed, there should be a notification like this.

Attached is my updated notification showing they payment is not yet processed, I assumed.

Hi Melia,

Just to confirm, do you need help with your withdrawal from December 13 referring to the screenshot you`ve attached? 
I checked your account and I can see that you have a ticket with our team, but it's for another withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

The screenshot about withdrawal on 13th dec showing a successful transaction. I highlighted the part which the payment has been processed while the second one, there's no notification on Jan 15th until today mentioning the payment has been processed. I am just giving proofs here that they payment is never being issued from your end like how you tell your client, you did issue it.

Thank you for the clarification, Melia,

I understand your frustration with this and I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. I checked your ticket and I can see that our team is assisting you with tracing your transaction.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them on your ticket, and our team will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes I am frustrated and I don't think you understand my pain unless you've faced the same issue. Adding to my frustation, I found many others who were complaning and facing the same issues before me and never get any solutions and update from your end make me furious. The other thing, I have 2 transactions which are pending which the 2nd was just a test. 

Thank you,

Melia Gea

Melia,

I've read on facebook groups as well that there were others experiencing the same thing. One common denominator is it's a direct transfer to Eastwest bank. Did you use the same bank?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members