cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The payment haven't been transferred to my account.

Ace Contributor
Melia G Member Since: Jan 16, 2020
1 of 53

Hi Upwork Team,

I have a delayed transfer to my account as usually it only take a day to proceess my payment transfer from Upwork account to local bank account. But it's already 2 days and the money is not yet transferred. I understand it takes up to 4 business days for normal duration if previously there's not problem occure to receive the money in a day, why all of sudden it happened no?

I do not get it. As freelancer or worker, this is really bad for our cashflow. I have tried to contact my Bank provider and they said, there's no pending transfer or there's no any transfer has been released to my account the past 2 days. Kindly need your kind assistance on this matter.

Thank you,

Melia Gea

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 53

Hi Melia,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know here, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

Untitled
Ace Contributor
3 of 53
It's been 4 working business days and nothing happened. I'll have to wait another 4 working days for you to trace the transaction, it's hilarious. Couple months ago have no issues but all of sudden something goes wrong.
Marveen H Member Since: Oct 15, 2015
4 of 53
I have same problem with Melia, and we actually came from same country and city.

For the previous years, payments have been smooth. It only took around 2 hours since i did the local bank transfer withdrawal, but since around 2 months ago the payment process started to become longer week by week.

It started to be longer from 2 hours to 5 hours, then 8 hours, a day, 2 days and now it's been 3 days since my last withdrawal without any trace of my payment.

I've checked the bank, and no problem from their side and i believe them coz i worked in that bank for years before and i know well the prochedure and department in charge for it.

This problem started when the payment start to change to ewallet. I've checked that since the problem started, upwork paid me using dokupay - ewallet, not a direct local bank transfer anymore.

If upwork changed the payment partner for my country, i believe that you'll need to check coz they are not as reliable as previous one, and their performance is worsen every week.

Thx
Ace Contributor
5 of 53
Hi Marveen,

Than you. Yes, I have contacted my Bank as well and have no problem. This is sucks as we are rely our life with the money we made from Upwork but unfortunately they take it for granted. It's been total 6 days after my withdrawal and nothing happened.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 53

Hi Marveen, and Melia, 

Marveen, could you please confirm if you are referring to the transaction with Reference ID 279953354 so that I can look into this for you? 

Melia, i'll check into your withdrawal from last week, and I'll come back here once I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
7 of 53
Hi Avery,

Yes ref ID 279953354

While i've received email that the transaction has been processed since 18th.

---------------
We have processed your payment request submitted on 18-Jan-2020.

Usually the money already in my bank account in less than 20 mins after i received this kind of confirmation email. But since 2 months ago, not anymore. It'll need around 5-8 hours the fastest time till the money credited to my account. This time late for more than 2 days and still counting, previous one late around 36 hours.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 53

Hi Marveen, 

Thanks for confirming this. I can confirm that the transaction is successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees

-Avery
Untitled
9 of 53
Hi Avery,

Thank you for your confirmation. I've got confirmation by sms few moment ago feom my bank that the fund was credited into my account already.

Just fyi, that in previous years i never have any problem regarding work or week days with direct local transfers. Even on weekend (i did withdrawal on weekend for many times already), the fund will be there in few hours except for Xmas, New year and Lunar new year. But oh well, i think i'll need to adjust my schedule for withdrawal to follow latest timeline, and will see more about how much time it'll needed next. If it's a consistent more than 48 hours all the time, i think i'll back to my old paypal withdrawal method.

Thank you for your respond and cooperation. Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Marveen Hendrawan
Ace Contributor
10 of 53
Today is the 5th working days. No progress.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS