🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The payment haven't been transferred to my ac...
Page options
meliagea
Community Member

The payment haven't been transferred to my account.

Hi Upwork Team,

I have a delayed transfer to my account as usually it only take a day to proceess my payment transfer from Upwork account to local bank account. But it's already 2 days and the money is not yet transferred. I understand it takes up to 4 business days for normal duration if previously there's not problem occure to receive the money in a day, why all of sudden it happened no?

I do not get it. As freelancer or worker, this is really bad for our cashflow. I have tried to contact my Bank provider and they said, there's no pending transfer or there's no any transfer has been released to my account the past 2 days. Kindly need your kind assistance on this matter.

Thank you,

Melia Gea

57 REPLIES 57

Upwork Support,

Please cancel my payment and return the funds to my Upwork account. I've read other Upworker's posts about the same ordeal and we all have a common denominator. We use the same bank, it's Eastwest! Please move the funds back to my Upwork account so I can initiate the transfer to another bank instead. Please be considerate! You're making people furious because of this, we need our money!

Hi Liberty,

Unfortunately we can't cancel or reverse a withdrawal once it's been initiated. 
Our team will assist you further with your funds directly on your ticket. I`ve also escalated your ticket to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Your "escalate the issue and someone will contact you" is consistently unreliable and deceptive! Check my history so you would know what I'm talking about! Bottomline, it doesn't yield positive results! You're just giving us unending false hopes! You're not helping at all! One Upworker who commented here had moved his payment on December 29 and has still not received it to this date. Goodness gracious!!! Do you honestly even have a timeline??? It seems like none of you is really working on this matter urgently! That's not your money, it's the workers money! I hope someone will really work on this! You're all humans too so be humane!

Liberty J wrote:
Upwork Support,

Please cancel my payment and return the funds to my Upwork account.

Please move the funds back to my Upwork account so I can initiate the transfer to another bank instead. 

That isn't possible. Once the money has left Upwork's accounts they can't magically "cancel" it or "retrieve it!"

It's in the banking system and out of Upwork's control- Until it gets sorted between the different banks involved, there isn't anything anyone can do about it, no matter how frustrating it obviously is for those affected.

It's not yet in the banking system. Based on their response 3 days ago, my payment went through a "random compliance review" on their end and they do not have a timeframe! I can't even understand why my payment was flagged for review. This isn't the first time that I withdrew funds from Upwork going to the same bank nor this is the largest amount that I have processed so this definitely not out of my usual pattern. I don't know if they have issues with my bank or something. It just doesn't make sense to me!

I didn't receive mine as well and everybody is just giving me the runaround brush off replies. Those are hard earned money. I had no troublw doing LFT with other banks, just with Eastwest and the fact that I did not receive a second confirmation email, meaning the money is still on your end.

Please be more transparent as to where our money is and give us a timeline because we deserve transparency. Even banks provide an exact timeline as to when disputes are resolved.

Upwork community moderators just responds with either "escalate the issue or someone will get back to you as soon as possible" but in reality no one is really working on this issue! It's even so obvious that they're not in synergy with the ones handling the tickets because the moderator's generic responses don't match the upwork support's silent treatment on our tickets! I'm not buying their "as soon as possible" responses because no one has even attended to my ticket no matter how many times I've emailed them. Their last response was 4 DAYS AGO!!! Is that what you mean by as soon as possible?!?!?! You're really making me furious already!!! Don't treat us like tickets, treat us as humans! I swear you wouldn't want to be in our position right now!

Hi Liberty,

I understand how it's very frustrating not to be able to access your earnings. I know how it's equally frustrating when you don't get updates about your issue. Please understand that our teams get back to every concern they get, and they will address these concerns by the order in which they were received. If the team handling your case is unable to update you on your concern, it hasn't received any additional information on their end yet. 

In this case, I can see that the Payments Team has already escalated this issue and issued a trace. Once they have more information about this, they will update you through the same ticket thread with more information. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Your response is tickling me. So if your team never have update, we will never get any update?
How relieving is that sound to me. It's simply showing you don't have clear SOW for this. What you only have is "the payment will reach our account 1 to 5 working days" if more than that, means it's our consequence and you will do whatever you do. If you don't have any update, we need to swallow whatever it is. Hoaa.
In Banking, if more than 2 days the recipient account never received the fund, the money should be refunded to host Bank account. I don't know what system you are currently using, unless it's something unregulated, then it can be chaotic.
Upwork has failed to fulfill the duty as a platform where people depending their life. Some people have to pay rents which is already due, me, I have to pay my house loan and if I have to pay the fines, would you care about it?
Please create clear SLA rather than telling us the payment is up to 5working days. If it's never reached for 10working days, what is the solution from Upwork end?

Don't give us such **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Thank you

I'm making someone or yet my client reach out to Upwork's CEO or anyone in the corporate office. Their address and phone number are on the site. This is really a pain in the neck!
kraud
Community Member

It's been a month since I was waiting for the transfer of money, what's the point of the platform if it does not guarantee that the money will be received, for which you charge a percentage of orders. What is the point of working through you, and not with the client directly if the freelancer at the same time suffers losses, both financial and temporary, in order to deal with problems that you cannot solve?

meliagea
Community Member

Been 9 working days and in total of 13 days. Sending you a lot of files to check. Please don't be ignorant, you're keeping people's life.

I would be more interested on how you guys managed delayed payment. No clear time frame and on how long the money should be received when an issue occur. Like this one:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/The-payment-haven-t-been-transferred-to-my-account/m-p/6...

Having my ow monologue here. It's been 10 working days and total of 2weeks, my money is not yet credited to my account. It seems they are getting the interest of the money. 2 withdrawal with the same casualties and they pretend it's Banking issue
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melia, 

I can confirm that Upwork does not earn interest on transactions that haven't been processed successfully. As per legal regulations, Upwork cannot hold on to a freelancer's earnings as it is not operating as a bank.

As the team has confirmed, they have followed up with the payment processor who has processed your transactions and they will reach out to you once they have an update regarding your withdrawals.

~ Avery
Upwork
meliagea
Community Member

Finally I have received my payment on the 29th after so many dramas.
Just had another withdrawal today, let see.

Finally I have received my payment on the 29th of Jan, after so many dramas.
Just had another withdrawal today, let see.

Huff ... finally i know where these problems started. Upwork (or their 3rd party partner) changed the transfer method from RTGS to LLG. No wonder that Upwork suddenly asked for bank's Clearing Code few months ago.

RTGS transfers usually done in almost real time, and even if it'll be late due to EoM traffic - usually won't be late more than 2 hours. LLG transfers will need 5-8 hours to be done and can be extended to 2 days. They have different transfer fee, but for my bank the difference is only around $0.37.

Quite ridiculous that now i have to wait hours to days just because Upwork (or their 3rd party partner, in my case - Dokupay) want to save some transfer fee with that small amount of money. I don't mind to pay another $0.37 to make the payment as fast as before coz my time is worth much more than that amount.

We paid 20% Upwork fee, paid another $1 for withdrawal, and now you give us hard times just because you (or your 3rd party partner) want to save another $0.37 ? Oh please ...
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths