🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The platform is outdated.
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

The platform is outdated.

Hi! As I was being invited to interview I realized that my screen said nothing about it, I got informed by mail. When I receive a message I get that in my screen automatically without reloading the page, like in an app. My knowledge tells me that you need to update the platform with AJAX for receiving instant notifications about being invited to interview in the screen, automatically without reloading the page. I think many people don't like to have to reload the page for checking. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Carlos L wrote:

Like the "There are new jobs. Click to see them" option appears automatically, notifications about interview should too. It's coming the 2020 year, website are updating continuously to work like an app, no longer will we need to reload the page over and over again.

I think Upwork could hire me to say them these important updates the site needs.

Yes, I agree. More websites should incorporate the latest technology like ajax lest they be left behind and outdated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
2a05aa63
Community Member

being invited the moment you browse the website doesn't happen that often, so overloading the server for each active user all the time is expensive and not that needed. Email notifications do that more efficiently.

lysis10
Community Member

Did you just unironically call the site outdated and then lecture them on using ajax? lololol God I love this forum.

Like the "There are new jobs. Click to see them" option appears automatically, notifications about interview should too. It's coming the 2020 year, website are updating continuously to work like an app, no longer will we need to reload the page over and over again.

I think Upwork could hire me to say them these important updates the site needs.

Carlos L wrote:

Yes, I agree. More websites should incorporate the latest technology like ajax lest they be left behind and outdated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members