cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The priceless moment

nemes
Community Guru

The priceless moment...

- When the potential client answered to my proposal for designing a logo with an offer
- When I realized that he silently changed the price to 50% of my proposed quote
- When I noticed that he funded escrow only with the half of this new sum
- When I requested explanation of this surprising step, and he told me that he thought I have this "wiggle room" on my price

- And finally: when I declined his offer and fired him immediately because of this dirty trick.

2 REPLIES 2
jmlaidlaw
Community Guru

Too bad that we are held hostage to feedback. In a more equitable world, you could submit a quarter of a logo and hit the green button. Then if he were to protest, you could explain that you thought he had "wiggle room" regarding his deliverables.

Thank you for the laugh Janean 😄

It's a pity though, that we don't have direct control over our milestones, as it was on Elance before. It often happens that a client funds escrow for the sketching phase with 20-25% of the full price - while sketching is the designing itself, and it is about 80% of the work. (That's why I always request funding escrow fully, at least for smaller projects, under $500)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS