Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The "NEW" Forum

monstersong
Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
21 of 24

Also, while, yeah, some Elancers should probably pick their battles, the idea that they should shut the heck up is ridiculous and just so selfish. Just because some people were here first doesn't mean those people's needs/concerns get priority - not when the newcomers were forced here.

Also, for someone who has been complaining non-stop about Upwork for the past 3 months, Jean, I'm not sure where this "criticizing Upwork is bad" schtick is coming from.

monstersong
Community Leader
Patrick P Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
22 of 24

That said, maybe if everyone was just a little more polite to each other and directed the anger where it belongs **edited for Community Guidelines**, we'd all be a little bit better off.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
23 of 24

@Patrick P wrote:

That said, maybe if everyone was just a little more polite to each other and directed the anger where it belongs **edited for Community Guidelines**, we'd all be a little bit better off.

I think your statement sums up what Jean was trying to say. She doesn't always say things the way they should be said and she herself can word things to rub someone the wrong way on occasion. (or I should say since I can't speak for others she can rub me the wrong ways sometimes) but I think she really just meant exactly what you summed up in two sentences.

There have been a couple instances of hostility on the forum with other members. We all are in the same boat and we all really need to direct our anger where it belongs not at each other. 

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
24 of 24

Hi Jean and others,

Thanks for the dialogue. We agree and hope the Community will focus on a more constructive dialogue that helps other users and the Upwork team. 

Sometimes, though not often if we can help it, this dialogue results from platform issues. We understand and expect that. And, we'll continue doing what we can to resolve these issues as they arise. 

In the Community, we hope you'll continue to raise these issues if they come up for you. That said, we ask that you do it in a professional manner. Unprofessional posts/replies, including some that were posted here earlier, will continue to be removed from the forums for violating our Guidelines. We will continue moderating these forums so that others are encouraged to participate in the dialogue. 

Thanks,

Garnor 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS