🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The reason for returned funds is invalid data...
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: taxNumber.

Hello,

i got following message which intiating withdrawal to my bank account:

The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: taxNumber.

on checking i found my default methed disabled and had to enabled again putting my PAN no etc again? but never faced this issue before and i had already put all my information in past.

Rahul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rahul,

I'm not able to locate any problems, it may have been just a temporary glitch. However, Ill share your account with our team to make sure that everything is working as designed on our end. Thank you for flagging this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rahul,

I checked your account and I can see that your withdrawal was successful and your payment method is active. If you experience any problems again, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi goran

yeah i had updated all information again and withdrawal was successful but i was wondering why it happened when all my information was updated 🙂

Hi Rahul,

I'm not able to locate any problems, it may have been just a temporary glitch. However, Ill share your account with our team to make sure that everything is working as designed on our end. Thank you for flagging this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

hi goran

okay thanks so much 

regards

Rahul

Hi @Goran V

I get this message when withdrawing the payment 

Hi Nagender,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.
UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD
Here are additional details about the payment that could not be completed  can you please help on this 

Hi Nagender,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into this concern and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
nikhil_1221
Community Member

Hi @Goran V

I get this message when withdrawing the payment

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nikhil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f6e53872
Community Member

Hi,
I have been reading the same message:
"we attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed. the reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields id_number",
everythig is updated and i can not see something wrong with my id number. Can you help?

Hi Feyzanur,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Mr. Goran,

I tried to update my bank account informations, specially my id number but i still get the same warning:
"We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed. The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: id_number. As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments."

And i am not able to change options to get paid.

Hi Feyzanur,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further and is waiting on your response back. You can access your tickets on this link and follow up directly to our team. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I can not withdraw funds. As **Edited for Community Guidelines** from upwork recommended, i tried to re enter my id number but didnt work. Any suggestions?

Here is what i got:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Feyzanur, 

Please follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions or information you have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I've been trying to withdraw funds and I'm getting an error:

The reason for returned funds is invalid data in the following fields: id_number.

I have checked my id number multiple times. I tried to add another bank account. Didn't work. Did someone have same problem?  Can you help?

Thank you

b895fb2e
Community Member

Hello,

I'm getting an error when I've been trying to withdraw funds and:

The reason for returned funds is Invalid details.

Can you help me please.

Thank you

Hi Mariia,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
mtaziz
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

I'm experiencing issues while withdrawing funds. 
It says the following. 
-----------------------

Hi Md. Tariq,
We attempted to process your recent payment request but unfortunately it failed.
The reason for returned funds: Invalid details.
As a result, the funds have been returned to your Upwork account and we need you to update your payment method for future payments.
UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD

------------------
Please note that last week I transferred the fund to my local account without any issues. Could you please check and let me know what's happening. Thanks ahead! 

Hi Md. Tariq,

Arjay here stepping in for Bojan. I have shared your report with the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once ready.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members