🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The steps for beginners.
Page options
kubakh-olga
Community Member

The steps for beginners.

Hi,

I'm new on UpWork. 

Could you please explain the algorithm of a deal?

Client interested by my propose. What is next? How it happens?

Thanks in advance)

4 REPLIES 4
ajitmrin
Community Member

Hi Olga,

Once you send fixed-price contract proposals to your clients, they will then contact you for interview - once satisfied, your client deposits project funds in escrow before the contract starts. When you’ve completed the work, you’ll request payment from your client. Once they’ve accepted your request, the funds are released to you.

In hourly contracts - your billing period for hourly contracts begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later. When working hourly contracts, all time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client.

Than You very much!

Hello AJIT,

could you please help me clear the moment of conversation with client (I'm just beginner on UpWork). I'm realy need a help for understanding some technical moments.

1. When my propose is considered by client but he asks my E-mail for "to continue our conversation by mail" - is it normal and safty for payment in future? Or have I to keep the dialog with my clients in UpWork-chat for my safty? 
2. How can i know about client contract with me and the money for payment are on UpWork deposit ? I'm really confused and can not image were I can see this action. Where can I see, that I can work with this client and we have a contract for his project (that he done it)?

I'll be gratefull a lot for your answer.
Sincerely,

Olga.

prestonhunter
Community Member

This is what you are looking for:

Getting Started on Upwork

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths